6 months of income.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 months of income.....

Went to my consult today. Went well, everything looks good, and looks like we wont have much to pay except our vehicles. The problem Im having is how to get proof of the last six months of pay. What is the best way since we don't have pay stubs from that entire time. Can we use our W2's for that? My husband has 4 jobs in that time, and I have only worked since Nov. Im sure I can figure it out, but want advice on the best way. I don't have bank statements as we weren't using a bank account.

You need to have pay stubs for at least the last 2 months (60 days) before filing, because it is an absolute requirement for filing.

As for proof of income for the other 4 months, ask your lawyer. Generally, they want pay stubs (because they show deductions and where the money went pre-tax and post-tax).

You really need to go back to the employers and try to get those actual pay stub copies.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Same here Sassie, unsecured getting 0%, cant beat that.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
        Same here Sassie, unsecured getting 0%, cant beat that.
        Yeah, isn't that a relief. I feel like Im doing something illegal

But, nothing is set in stone yet! Good thing is, my husband is all onboard now.....what a relief!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          You need to have pay stubs for at least the last 2 months (60 days) before filing, because it is an absolute requirement for filing.

As for proof of income for the other 4 months, ask your lawyer. Generally, they want pay stubs (because they show deductions and where the money went pre-tax and post-tax).

You really need to go back to the employers and try to get those actual pay stub copies.
          The last two months is no biggie. But, my husband isn't too happy at the thought of trying to contact employers that he left on not-so-great terms with. They weren't serious jobs, but still. Maybe I can do the hunting down for him? Im sure we can ransack his pile of crap, and see if the paystubs are in there?

Comment

Originally posted by sassiebaz View Post
            Yeah, isn't that a relief. I feel like Im doing something illegal

But, nothing is set in stone yet! Good thing is, my husband is all onboard now.....what a relief!

Haha, thats funny, no doubt, Im just glad Im finally doing something about it, instead of paying minimums and chewing on my fingernails. I can't wait to start and get this over with.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X