Revocable Living Trust in a Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revocable Living Trust in a Chapter 13

Will be filing very soon. Met with my attorney today and he will be preparing the second draft of my petition to review in 2 weeks.

TOPIC I asked him about was adding siblings to fee-and-clear property in a Ch. 13 plan. (or before)

I have a property that is free and clear with just maintenance and property taxes.

Sister and brother wants their name in a trust to protect their interests and for my nephews/nieces as well.

My attorney said I should create a Revocable Living Trust and put the property in it. I would be named the Trustee.

Main goal to appease my siblings so they know their "names" are on it.

My attorney also said I should not worry that they would find out I filed for a 13 since the Trust are 2 different issues.

He also said the Trust can be created before or during the Ch 13 plan with negative consequences.

Has anyone created a trust while in Ch 13? Or what are thoughts about this topic?

Filed March 2009

With negative consequences? or WithOUT negative consequences?
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

StartingOver08 With negative consequences? or WithOUT negative consequences?
      I meant without negative consequences.
      Filed March 2009

Comment

I don't know about the 13....I had a CH 7 and the Trustee did review my Trust completely. (I had two of my properties in the Trust at the time I filed). So I can't can't answer how the Trust would work in a CH 13....
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X