Bank accounts while in CH13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank accounts while in CH13

Does anyone know if a filer has to list ALL bank accounts when you file CH13?

I just remembered that my sister has me in one of her accounts and she had around 4K in it the day that I filed. Would the trustee find out about it and think I intentionally tried to cover it up?

Originally posted by intipuca View Post
    Does anyone know if a filer has to list ALL bank accounts when you file CH13?
    If your name is on the account, then yes, you have to list it when you file. However, if you aren't going to file right away, your sister may be able to remove you. But be sure to ask a lawyer how far ahead of filing that has to be done to not raise an objection from your trustee.

And yes, your trustee can find out about the account. They do a routine search for this kind of financial information, so it's very likely to show up if your name is still on it.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
      If your name is on the account, then yes, you have to list it when you file. However, if you aren't going to file right away, your sister may be able to remove you. But be sure to ask a lawyer how far ahead of filing that has to be done to not raise an objection from your trustee.

And yes, your trustee can find out about the account. They do a routine search for this kind of financial information, so it's very likely to show up if your name is still on it.
      Lrprn, or anyone:

Does the trustee search also locate recently closed accounts as well?
      Filed Ch 7 9/28/09
      341 Meeting 10/22/09 (Went well)
      Discharged 12/22/2009!

Comment

Originally posted by Sham11801 View Post
        Does the trustee search also locate recently closed accounts as well?
        Yes, the trustee can do that, especially if they suspect you may be hiding assets or cash from the court.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

my husband was a trustee to settle my father's estate after he passed away and was on the account. Do we need to list that as well?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X