top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital one car loan sent to ascension capitol? Anyone have experience with this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital one car loan sent to ascension capitol? Anyone have experience with this??

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.....

I filed chapter 13 and am keeping car. So I went to pay my car loan today with capital one and was told to call this ascension capitol which now services me. What the heck is going on???

Originally posted by nychic74 View Post
    I filed chapter 13 and am keeping car. So I went to pay my car loan today with capital one and was told to call this ascension capitol which now services me. What the heck is going on???
    It's not unusual after filing a 13 bankruptcy for a large creditor like CapOne to transfer your loan to their bankruptcy division or to a third-party company who will manage your account for them while your case is active. That sounds like what happened in your case.

No worries - make the call and find out how and where to make your car payments now. Don't wait - your payment could arrive late and you don't want that to happen.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I had the same thing after I filed as well....same bank, same post 13 company. I was going to keep my car, and started paying ascension directly...that is how it will be for the entirety of your 13....unless you voluntarily surrender or reaffirm the debt. If you end up keeping your car, and you owe more than what the car is worth...you are able to only pay what the car is worth while in the 13....talk to an attorney about that.

Anyhow, I decided to voluntarily surrender the car....my last payment was in October 2008. I ended up getting a much more practical car for much less money....and guess what? My car with CapOne is still sitting in my garage....they still haven't come to get it yet....I should just re-register it...it's a very fancy sports car....6 months in my garage without a payment....ascension must be very behind on the surrenders....ridiculous.

So...yes, totally normal, and make sure to review all of your options.

Comment

Capital One Auto Loan and Ascention Capital Group

I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy. I am reaffirming the loan and keeping the car. Of course during all of this you want to keep paying the payments. Otherwise they will hit you with a bunch of late fees and God knows what when your bankruptcy is discharged. I went online on the Capital One site to pay my car payment and it showed that I owed $0.00. There was also no way that I could pay my payment on their site. It's like the account was gone. Next I called Capital One and attempted to make a payment over the phone via their automated system. I managed to get through making the payment until the very end when the automated system said that my account was now being serviced by Ascention Capital Group and then it gave a number to call them. Then it automatically hangs up. It makes it sound like your payment hasn't been made and that you have to pay Ascention Capital. I then called Ascention Capital numerous times and couldn't get to a live person. My car payment was coming due so the next day I decided to use the automated payment system at Ascention. It worked great. I didn't have any trouble. I looked at my bank account online only to find that the first payment that I had made when I called Capital One did indeed go through and it had been deducted out of my checking account. I tried all day to get a live person at Acsention to see if they could cancel the payment I had made through their automated system. Then suddenly to my amazement someone answered the phone. It took me until the next day to finally get to a person who basically laughed in my face and told me that if I had made double payments there was nothing they could do about it. I tried making a stop payment through my bank but it was too late. I finally did get a lady at Ascention to explain to me what the hell is going on. She said that when you file bankruptcy, chapter 7 or 13 and you are keeping the automobile, that Capital One stops sending you statements and takes away your ability to pay your payment on their website. Supposedly by law, they cannot bill you from the time you file bankruptcy to the time the bankruptcy is discharged. During this time, Ascention Capital handles your account. Any payments you make through Ascention goes to Capital One. The dirty little trick is that no one tells you anything. You don't get any type of notice or explanation as to what is going on. Some people might quit paying their payment during this time because they don't know what to do. Then as soon as your bankruptcy is discharged, Capital One comes on like a freight train, wanting back payments and late fees. You are fresh out of bankruptcy with a brand spanking new money problem. Or it may even cause what happened to me. Through all of the confusion, Capital One managed to get 2 payments out of me in 2 days. The good news I won't have to pay my car payment in March but on the down side, now I'm mostly broke until payday. I hope this helps.

Comment

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.....

I had filed Ch 7 and recently discharged. I was with Capital One. Like others had said, Cap One transfers any account involved in BK to Ascension Capital. They do not send you any kind of statement, you have to keep track of when your payment is due.

You can mail your payment to their address or you can make your payment by phone (with a phone check) which is what I did. When you make a payment by phone, they will mail you two things. One is a confirmation for the phone payment and other is a the canceled check for the payment (it will say Capital One Auto).

If you needed to contact them, there is a specific person assigned to your account (you can only speak to that person, no one else). You have to call the main number and find out who that is and that person's extension. It was a real pain to find this out.

That was my experience. I hope this helps you.
          Filed Ch 7: 10/27/009; 341 Meeting: 11/25/09;
          Last Day for Objections: 1/25/10; Discharged: 1/27/10; Case Closed: 2/4/10.

Comment

My husband and I both only had credit-cards with Capital One, so after reading this I am glad about that. So far we still pay Chase our car payments directly, and I am still paying the Credit Union we left after filing for our car payment. We can't make either payment on line, with Chase we go to any branch, and the credit-union we mail in.

Comment

Glad I read this thread as we just got a newer used car (to last for the 5 years of our Ch 13 BK) and we are financed through Capital One Auto.

We're very close to filing. After reading this, I will not be surprised if this happens to me as well.

Does Ascension Capital have a website?? Can you make payments online??
              Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
              341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
              35 months down - 1 to go

Comment

Ascention Capital Group

You can make payments over the phone to Ascention Capital Group. It goes straight to your Capital One Auto Loan Account. They don't have a website to make payments. When you call their number they also give a payment address. If you have a bank account that has online bill pay I think that is the best way to go. If you have that you can enter your information from your bill from Capital One and pay it through your online checking. Otherwise it's best to make the payment through Ascention. They don't charge a fee to pay over the phone. Capital One does. One other tactic to use is to make copies of your statement from Capital One and mail the payments like usual if that is what you have been doing. It threw me into a whirlwind because I have always paid on the Capital One web page. If you are going to mail your payments, make sure you make enough copies of your statement to get you through from the time you file to when your bankruptcy is discharged. During this time Capital One will not send you any statements. It's really not their fault. It is against the law for them to send a statement during this time. However you would think that someone could let you know what is going on. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by cafullmer View Post
                  One other tactic to use is to make copies of your statement from Capital One and mail the payments like usual
                  I'm a little confused...If I use copies of my Capital One statements, who do I make the check out to, and where do I mail them?? To Capital One??

Also, how were you notified of the change in your acct?? Shouldn't they have to notify you of a major change like this...regarding where to send your payments??

Maybe I'll just make a good mental note of this all (as well as LOTs of copies of my Capital One statements!!) and wait to see what happens once we file. We've only made one payment so far, and I did it through the Capital One website. But, I have no problem mailing a check if things get changed after filing.
                  Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
                  341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
                  35 months down - 1 to go

Comment

sunshineMN....we were not notified of anything. I went online to pay my loan and it said 0.00. Had to make a ton of phone calls and finally found out who to talk to.. It is very confusing.

The way I make my payment is I just write all of our info on a blank piece of paper and send a check made out to capitol one to their address. It always gets cashed right away. Now we are in the process of trying to find out who to talk to to find out the balance of the loan left......

Comment

sunshineMN....we were not notified of anything. I went online to pay my loan and it said 0.00. Had to make a ton of phone calls and finally found out who to talk to.. It is very confusing.

The way I make my payment is I just write all of our info on a blank piece of paper and send a check made out to capitol one to their address. It always gets cashed right away. Now we are in the process of trying to find out who to talk to to find out the balance of the loan left......
                      Just wondering if you ever found out who to contact and talk to. We were discharged over a month ago and Capital one will not talk to us and neither will ascension..All we want to do is pay the car off Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated!

Comment

deleted - violated forum rules about adding advertising links to post
                        Last edited by lrprn; 03-05-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X