341 today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 today!

Here's hoping it's the non-event everyone says!
    over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
    Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Good luck! Let us know how it goes, since I'll be visiting the same place as you.
    Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
    341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
    $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

You will breeze right through. All the butterflies are usually for nothing!!

Luck and all that good stuff!
      Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
      341 - 2/5/09
      Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

How did it go??

Comment

It probably would have been fine since no creditors were there...there was one other person that wasn't there, however...my frakkin' attorney. ARGH! Supposedly I will be rescheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by Ifonly View Post
            It probably would have been fine since no creditors were there...there was one other person that wasn't there, however...my frakkin' attorney. ARGH! Supposedly I will be rescheduled.
            Wow! You need to have a good talk with your attorney. If you encountered any out-of-pocket expenses for having attended... I would talk to your attorney about reimbursing you.

Of course that's what I would do to my attorney... but I don't know if it's the right thing to bring up or not. If my attorney doesn't show up... I'm in big trouble!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I saw in my attorney's paperwork that there is a $350/non-appearance charge for failing to show at your 341. Maybe I should drop my bill in the mail to him

Comment

I saw in my attorney's paperwork that there is a $350/non-appearance charge for failing to show at your 341. Maybe I should drop my bill in the mail to him
                Now THAT is what I'M talking ABOUT!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

OMG your attorney didn't show? That's really something. Did you call when you got to court? Did he have an excuse?

Comment

Our 341 was at 12PM, we called and got his assistant (I was on a pay phone having left my cell in the car and ran out of $), we sat there until they called us hoping he'd show, then they called us and told us we couldn't proceed without him.

His office didn't pick up the phone until 1PM (I'm guessing lunch hour - nice...) and no one seemed to have any knowledge of our 341....basically they didn't put it on their calendar.

Comment

I'd say that contract goes BOTH ways, definately let him know his Non-Appearance fee is going to cost him $350!

Sucks! You get all ready for your 341 and BAM...Rescheduled!!
                      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Our attorney(or one of them) called us the night before. I thought that was very cool! HE just wanted to make sure we weren't nervous and knew where to meet him...

Comment

Sigh.. so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you won't need to wait another 30 days for a new 341.
                          Filed 11/24/09, Riding Through Mortgage
                          341 on 1/11/10 (easy), Confirmed 4/26/10
                          $150 for 36 months (22 of 36 made)

Comment

That sucks and poor scheduling...or non scheduling on their part should cost them at least $350. Drop that bill in the mail...
                            Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
                            341 - 2/5/09
                            Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X