top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, I didnt think Id get collection calls so soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I didnt think Id get collection calls so soon!

My phone has been ringing non-stop. I didnt think they would start calling until the 20-30 day mark of non payment. Those people started calling only 2 days after payment was due!

Im so glad we are filing on Tues so the calls can stop. This was the first time we ever stopped paying and it felt so bad and I feel so guilty. I hate the phone ringing all the time.
    $124,000 unsecured debt
    $700 a month for 36 months.
    Case completed 6/15/12, waiting on papers!

Ignore the phone ringing. It is only a 'noise' that can be stopped by your filing. I think they are jumping the gun sooner than it used to be in that so many people are contemplating bk.

Don't feel badly, we all have been there and it is just a business decision, a fact of life so to speak. Nobody wished to 'stiff' anyone. We all got here for various reasons and mistakes, some of our own making, some of circumstances. Our Government gives us an opportunity for a "fresh start" so as the Good Book says; "go and sin no more", once your discharge is granted. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Wow, 2 days after? American Express use to call me 2 days before... as a courtesy, of course.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Wow, 2 days after? American Express use to call me 2 days before... as a courtesy, of course.
        Yes. And as a "courtesy" I gave them a notice of my "Suggestion of Bankruptcy". LOL 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          Yes. And as a "courtesy" I gave them a notice of my "Suggestion of Bankruptcy". LOL 'Hub
          Sounds appropriate. AMEX was just a pain. A quick review of my account would show that I always paid on the due date... online... using electronic payment method. Just dumb. It's like asking what time the 1:00pm parade is, 2 hours before.

Reminds me of the most stupid questions on a Cruise Ship...
          1. Do these stairs go up or down?
          2. At what time is the midnight buffet?
          3. Does the crew go home every night, or do they sleep on the ship?
          4. (On a Caribbean Cruise) What if we hit an iceberg?
          5. Is the Island we are going to, surrounded by water?
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Its fun to drive them crazy without really talking about anything.

caller: Is falken there?
            me: wow... I would love to help you out but I really can't.
            caller: ummm... <silence> is this falken?
            me: Listen, if I could help you I would. That just isn't something I can do right now.
            caller: but... ummm... can you just tell me if falken lives here?
            me: I wish I could do something for you... I really do....
            caller: <hangs up frustrated>

----

or google the number real quick before answering to see who it is and when they ask for you say, "hey. is this discover card?" "uh, yes it is" "GREAT! I have been needing to get ahold of you guys about an important business matter! Can you hold on a second? I need to get some account information!"

It is amazing how long they will hold on the line for that one!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
              Sounds appropriate. AMEX was just a pain. A quick review of my account would show that I always paid on the due date... online... using electronic payment method. Just dumb. It's like asking what time the 1:00pm parade is, 2 hours before.

Reminds me of the most stupid questions on a Cruise Ship...
              1. Do these stairs go up or down?
              2. At what time is the midnight buffet?
              3. Does the crew go home every night, or do they sleep on the ship?
              4. (On a Caribbean Cruise) What if we hit an iceberg?
              5. Is the Island we are going to, surrounded by water?
              OK, how 'bout this one? Does this boat generate it's own electricity?

Comment

I too was surprised at how quickly they start calling after you miss payments and how rude they were. Now don't take this too hard but I filed 5/21 and I got another call just last week and I have still received a few threatening letters in the mail. But the difference now is that they are breaking the law by contacting me since I'm under the automatic stay and I let them know that very clearly before I give them my case number and my attorney's phone number. It does get better over time as you accept your situation...

It's ironic but American Express never contacted me except by email. They were never an issue for me... I must have been laying low under their radar!
                CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
                Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X