Will this be an issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this be an issue?

Having been reviewing my past credit card statements... it seems I've put a mental block on some recent purchases:
    $250 - iPod purchase (june)
    $1076 - Disneyland tickets (june)
    $125 - new vacuum (july)
    $400 - school clothes (july)

We will be filing ch13. Have already consulted one attorney (figured we'd be in a 5-year payment plan with $350-ish payments). Will be consulting two other attorneys in the coming weeks. Have NOT retained anyone yet. Will be filing no earlier than November 1st... allowing us the time to save up some cash (to pay attorney, and establish a savings for "emergencies" that arise after filing). We are current on all of our bills and plan to stop paying them come August 1st, maybe September 1st (DH doesn't want to deal with the phone calls!).

I don't see any issues, especially since you're filing Chapter 13. The creditors are more relaxed in a Chapter 13, because they may get something in the end. In a Chapter 7, they get much more aggressive... in my opinion.

School clothes, food, rent, healthcare, and other necessities are absolutely nothing to worry about. Also, since you're "paying" on your bills, you'll be able to show that you could afford it and did intend to repay the debt for the Disneyland trip. The DL trip is the only thing that would be interesting, if you were filing tomorrow.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by JenR View Post
      Having been reviewing my past credit card statements... it seems I've put a mental block on some recent purchases:
      $250 - iPod purchase (june)
      $1076 - Disneyland tickets (june)
      $125 - new vacuum (july)
      $400 - school clothes (july)

We will be filing ch13. Have already consulted one attorney (figured we'd be in a 5-year payment plan with $350-ish payments). Will be consulting two other attorneys in the coming weeks. Have NOT retained anyone yet. Will be filing no earlier than November 1st... allowing us the time to save up some cash (to pay attorney, and establish a savings for "emergencies" that arise after filing). We are current on all of our bills and plan to stop paying them come August 1st, maybe September 1st (DH doesn't want to deal with the phone calls!).
      I was so worried about credit card purchases at the beginning...I told my lawyer all our possible questionable ones. but it took 4 months before we actually were able to file...so in the end its been more than 6 months since we charged anything....so it worked out.

fyi - disneyland tickets...means trip to disneyland...I would watch your spending as your trustee will see....maybe use cash

our lawyer said pre-bk we could spend money but on "nothing fun".

Filed July 09
      Confirmation - June 2010
      Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X