Yet another BK 13 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another BK 13 question

If my DMI is enough to cover all secured and unsecured debt over 60 months do we get to keep the remainder of the DMI?
    Bird Toys

If that is so, it sounds like you will be in a 100% pay back...
    CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
    Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

Originally posted by unclerico View Post
      If my DMI is enough to cover all secured and unsecured debt over 60 months do we get to keep the remainder of the DMI?
      Yes.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am speculating, I guess I will not know until I see the payback plan workout coming up Friday. We filed Thursday but there are a lot of things up in the air right now. I am anxiously waiting to see what the attorney works out.
        Bird Toys

Comment

Even if you are 100% payback, you probably will have to pay back all of your DMI until you have paid the 100%. In other words, you will pay off your plan earlier than the 60 mos..........

K
          You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

and if the creditor does not file a claim, you do not have to pay them so cross your fingers that in a 100 percent pay back many of your creditors do not file claims.

Comment

Actually, you still pay ALL your DMI into the plan, you would just be done sooner.

Comment

So the creditor has to file a claim to get funds from the trustee? Don't most creditors file a claim or is it common for them not to?
                Bird Toys

Comment

Originally posted by unclerico View Post
                  So the creditor has to file a claim to get funds from the trustee? Don't most creditors file a claim or is it common for them not to?
                  Most file claims, but it is not uncommon for a creditor or two not too. Don't count on a creditor not filing a claim, just count yourself lucky if one forgets to do so.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X