60 days behind on the 2nd mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 days behind on the 2nd mortgage

I plan to strip my mortgage and will likely be at about a 60% repayment. I don't want to file until January...should I just stop all payments on the 2nd or will I be at any kind of risk?
    Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

So long as the value of your home is less than the balance on your first mortgage, you should have no issues. Besides, you should lookup the timeline for foreclosures in your State. Many States are taking at least 6 months to foreclose, so you'd have plenty of time.

The risk will be if you don't file and they actually do sue for foreclosure.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Stop paying on it. I was 6 months behind on mine when I filed and never received a foreclosure notice.
      Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
      Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
      Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

i have not paid my first or second mortgage since march of 2009 and still no notice of default.......we still are having a hard time getting by even without the payment of 2792 a month and taxes of 330 a month...........we are continuing to pay our homeowners insurance though
        Filed 7/14/11....341 date is 8/23/11

Comment

On a side note, you should get an appraisal done now (if you have not already done so). This will let you will know exactly where you stand with your potential to lien strip.

The EDM local rules require an AP or stipulation agreement to lien strip. If you have an full appraisal that shows that you are upside down, your lender will more than likely opt for stipulation agreement. That is what happened in my case.
          Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
          Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
          Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

Originally posted by UpsideDownMI View Post
            On a side note, you should get an appraisal done now (if you have not already done so). This will let you will know exactly where you stand with your potential to lien strip.

The EDM local rules require an AP or stipulation agreement to lien strip. If you have an full appraisal that shows that you are upside down, your lender will more than likely opt for stipulation agreement. That is what happened in my case.
            Found all of the sales in my subdivision during the last 12 months (about 13 sales). According to these sales, I am significantly underwater. I also contacted an appraiser today recommended by an attorney.
            Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X