top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 5 mths normal for creditors to file claims??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 5 mths normal for creditors to file claims??

I filed Chapter 13 on 10-21-09. The creditors have until 3-08-10 to file claims. Seriously 4+ months . Is it normal for them to have that long ???
    Just curious because it seems to drag this out more than neccesary
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Let me be the bearer of unpleasant news....we filed Ch. 13 under old law back in 2004. For months, no years, there were no claims showing. From where we sat it appeared that we were going to be getting a handsome refund back after completing our plan. Then all of a sudden a few weeks ago the trustee updated her information and showed a bunch of claims that were just finally entered. The claims had been made within the appropriate time period, it just took a couple of years for the information to be updated. We are beyond frustrated, and there will be no refund now. At this point I am just glad that we are done...just mailed my last payment a week ago today. We are also in PA, in the Western District. Best of luck to you.

Comment

We filed in June, 341 was in July, creditors had until October to file claims.

Comment

(4) months is about right for all creditors except for government agencies, who have even longer to file a proof of claim. In my case, I don't care about how my claims I get, as it really only matters if you are in a 100% plan or in the unlikely event that it could push you over the debt limits for a chapter 13.
        Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
        Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
        Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

Yes, absolutely normal to give them "plenty" of notice and time. Especially since many creditors are 90-days behind just processing the bankruptcy notifications!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
            I filed Chapter 13 on 10-21-09. The creditors have until 3-08-10 to file claims. Seriously 4+ months . Is it normal for them to have that long ???
            Just curious because it seems to drag this out more than neccesary

Unsecured = 3 months (90 days) from the 341 meeting.
            Government = 6 months (180 days) from your file date.

Comment

Originally posted by wiredone1 View Post
              Unsecured = 3 months (90 days) from the 341 meeting.
              So that's at least 4 months (first scheduled 341 Meeting is typically no fewer than 30 days after filing) and as much as 5 months.

So, 4 months to 4.5 months is typical. Since the original poster indicated that their date was set at 4.5 months... that would be typical for the date set for their 341 Meeting.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes, completely normal. Hang in there! Not all of ours filed claims- that was a nice surprise
                All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

I filed in november. My magical day is 4/5/10. So far only who have responded is capital 1 auto, fia card services, gap, kohls, discover and nordstrom. Heres hoping

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X