Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this normal?

Hello-

We fully retained our lawyer back in Feb, meaning we paid the full $3499 they required. We have had our 2 hour meeting, they have all of our paperwork. We have not been harrassed by creditors and really have received no phone calls at all, so that part has been nice. We have had minimal contact with our attorney, we have sent her emails, most of which she has responded to, but some she has not. I set up a phone appt with her for today, but she missed that. I understand things happen, but should I be concerned? We are not in any hurry to file and we had originally discussed June as a possible filing date but could wait until the end of the year if we are not being sued.

Thanks for your input!

I would be more forceful on an appointment. You are fully paid, and $3,500 is nothing to sneeze at.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by cjsgac View Post
      Hello-

We fully retained our lawyer back in Feb, meaning we paid the full $3499 they required. We have had our 2 hour meeting, they have all of our paperwork. We have not been harrassed by creditors and really have received no phone calls at all, so that part has been nice. We have had minimal contact with our attorney, we have sent her emails, most of which she has responded to, but some she has not. I set up a phone appt with her for today, but she missed that. I understand things happen, but should I be concerned? We are not in any hurry to file and we had originally discussed June as a possible filing date but could wait until the end of the year if we are not being sued.

Thanks for your input!
      I'd be annoyed about the missed phone appt, but it sounds like you're in no hurry, and therefore, she is in no hurry. I wouldn't be worried about that, but the missed appointment is a concern. Did you call the office to find out what was going on? Maybe she was out sick or something?
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

For me I can not stand when I pay for a service and I do not get the service I deserve. What I mean by that is if I have paid 3500 dollars to someone I expect them to make the appts on time or reschedule if something happens. Heck my attorney called me this evening to remind me about my 341 meeting on Friday. I by no means paid 3500 dollars, but if I pay any type of money to them I expect them to do their job. I would find out what happened and why the phone appt was missed. It would be my biggest concern.
        Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
        341 meeting on 5/28/2010
        Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X