Late Creditors Claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Creditors Claims

Ex filed Ch. 13 on my settlement in WA state, he also was claiming he owed his mother 50k in an attempt to pay her through the plan and put the money back into his own pocket. WELL...creditors claims were due by March 30 and she JUST filed hers July 13. My attorney says that the trustee will object as will we. From what I understand it will be disallowed unless she contests it within 20 days...what does this mean? What are the chances her claim will be allowed if she objects. What typically happens in these situations or what is the process. Also, if it is disallowed does this mean my payment through the plan will be larger?

All speculative. Generally speaking, a late file claim is disallowed or can be challenged. Since it's an unsecured claim, it should probably be disallowed because the claims bar date is, for all intents and purposes, a statute of limitations. The Trustee and you will argue the same. I don't see the claim being allowed... especially if the Trustee objects.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X