Inheritance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inheritance

Chapter 13 filed 08/07 60 month plan... $250.00 per month. 2 years to go!

if they find it...they WILL make you pay.....yuck...it asks right on the paper work even if you MAY be expecting an inheritance, yikes and a half!! LOL...you're better off just going back and letting them know you made a "mistake"?
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      if they find it...they WILL make you pay.....yuck...it asks right on the paper work even if you MAY be expecting an inheritance, yikes and a half!! LOL...you're better off just going back and letting them know you made a "mistake"?
      I had no idea I was getting an inheritance. I filed my 3 years ago.

Comment

well...then...if they haven't found it in 3 years...what would make you concerned now?
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

well...then...if they haven't found it in 3 years...what would make you concerned now?
          I'm still in my Chapter 13 plan. 2 more years to go.

Comment

then...YIKES...anyone else have a thought about this...i would say if you r in chapter 13 you should talk to an attorney...just to be safe.

Comment

then...YIKES...anyone else have a thought about this...i would say if you r in chapter 13 you should talk to an attorney...just to be safe.
              Ok..this is just killing me so I'm going to say it after reading through copious postings and responses and quite frankly, its irking my last nerve (sorry)

Tobee43, you claim to be a paralegal yet your language dictates that of a teenager. Are you? If you really ARE a paralegal, perhaps you should be conducting yourself in a manner that behooves you and the profession - I, personally would never retain a legal office or paralegal that talks the way you do or conducts as you do. Just a suggestion.

As to the OP's concern:

It should have been disclosed from the beginning if you are 3 years into a Ch. 13 plan, yet you received it 3 years ago, as it would have had to be included in the look back period. Perhaps you should look over your paperwork and see if the amount was actually exempted and you just forgot - if it wasnt, then I'd probably call your lawyer to discuss the ramifications. You dont want to have your Ch. 13 dismissed after paying on it all these years.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

pandora,

don't open your box to wide. i'm here to "relax" and i really don't care what you or anyone thinks.

i have been through enough in my past 3 years from having every bone in my face replaced to losing everything we worked 40 years for. so shut your mouth and fingers and move on.

the only one's that have exhibited being immature is you and people like you. bullies who think they know it all,uneducated and big mouths. have i gotten personal...NO...but for some reason immature people feel compelled to attack...well...you chose the wrong person....MOVE ON...PANDORA...back into your box...

and i see you gave the OP the exact same answer as me....ODD??? isn't it?

this site is design to share one's experiences....experience ONLY not to give legal advise. so if one doesn't like what i write simply do not read it.

i am NOT here as a paralegal....i'm no longer getting paid $400 a day to think and do research. this is an outlet for all of us. me included. we all share our experiences of what we went through...however, since many of you chose to be judgmental that's YOUR problem, i will NOT let you make it mine.

if you would like me to prepare documents or write a paper, and do research, then one needs to pay for it...i have "billable" hours.

i don't need to explain myself to YOU or anyone for that matter. so PLEASE find better things to do with your life and when you WANT legal advise don't make it up with a google search...seek the advise of an REAL attorney.

thank you for the "ignore" buttons....this site really has some crazies on it.

again.....these SAD people...what you follow ME around and read my posts...am i that interesting to you...GET A LIFE PLEASE!
                Last edited by tobee43; 08-17-2010, 05:59 AM.

Comment

pandora,

don't open your box to wide. i'm here to "relax" and i really don't care what you or anyone thinks.

i have been through enough in my past 3 years from having every bone in my face replaced to losing everything we worked 40 years for. so shut your mouth and fingers and move on.

the only one's that have exhibited being immature is you and people like you. bullies who think they know it all,uneducated and big mouths. have i gotten personal...NO...but for some reason immature people feel compelled to attack...well...you chose the wrong person....MOVE ON...PANDORA...back into your box...

and i see you gave the OP the exact same answer as me....ODD??? isn't it?

this site is design to share one's experiences....experience ONLY not to give legal advise. so if one doesn't like what i write simply do not read it.

i am NOT here as a paralegal....i'm no longer getting paid $400 a day to think and do research. this is an outlet for all of us. me included. we all share our experiences of what we went through...however, since many of you chose to be judgmental that's YOUR problem, i will NOT let you make it mine.

if you would like me to prepare documents or write a paper, and do research, then one needs to pay for it...i have "billable" hours.

i don't need to explain myself to YOU or anyone for that matter. so PLEASE find better things to do with your life and when you WANT legal advise don't make it up with a google search...seek the advise of an REAL attorney.

thank you for the "ignore" buttons....this site really has some crazies on it.

again.....these SAD people...what you follow ME around and read my posts...am i that interesting to you...GET A LIFE PLEASE!
                  LMFAO...

okayyyyyyyyy If you really honestly think that I am following your postings around - try again. you are posting information all over the board - in just about every post so dont flatter yourself. its kind of hard to miss not reading your very "informative" postings when you post in every damn category and have an answer for every frigging thing.

Get a grip, quit sending me PM's (they wont be read and I really dont care) and stay out of my box

Comment

Hi! I don't visit this forum often much anymore as I work full-time and have been discharged from our CH 13 almost two years. I did; however, want to respond to the original post about inheritance.

The question "Do you expect to receive an inheritance . . . ?" did come up in our initial meeting with our attorney. I did not know at that time that my aunt was very sick and would pass away within 18 months of our filing CH 13 BK. I ended up inheriting over $30,000 and my cousin left it in my aunt's bank account for several months and we paid on our Plan as agreed. We could have had it "tied up" until we finished our 60 month plan, but elected to go ahead and have my cousin release the funds and then paid the stupid thing off. Needless to say, I consulted my attorney every step of the way.

Although I didn't want to give the trustee the money since we were in a 14% payback plan, I owed the money and it was only right I paid my creditors. I'm just glad it is all over.

Best wishes. For those of you who choose to behave in a foolish and childish manner, please do so in another forum. People here are stressed enough.

Deep peace,

jane
                    Filed: 2/24/2006
                    341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                    Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

thank you very jane, i most certainly agree....and appreciate your words of wisdom...i hope these people will listen...we have been through enough stress. i shouldn't have bother to defend myself in the open.

my sincere apologizes to anyone that had to subject themselves to this. i should have just ignored it.

Comment

I'm curious, how would the trustee find out? If it happened 3 years ago then I'm guessing it hasn't showed up in their taxes? How else would the trustee "discover" it. I'm not suggesting that anyone HIDE anything but I'm just curious, what sorts of "checks" does the trustee typically do before discharge and how likely is it that, if not discovered yet, that it would?

Please, these are all just questions, I'm not suggesting anyone do anything illegal...

Comment

The OP said she "filed" three years ago, not she "got" her inheritance three years ago. I have no advice, just wanted to restate the facts....

Comment

Originally posted by sassiebaz View Post
                            The OP said she "filed" three years ago, not she "got" her inheritance three years ago. I have no advice, just wanted to restate the facts....
                            Correct... I filed 3 years ago, but I received the inheritance about 6 months ago.... I have 2 more years on my plan.

I went on Pacer and printed out my 13 filing, the confirmation and confirmation by the judge... There is no order to report an inheritance or even increased income. My question now is who and what says you have to do anything?

Comment

Originally posted by becky20 View Post
                              I'm curious, how would the trustee find out? If it happened 3 years ago then I'm guessing it hasn't showed up in their taxes? How else would the trustee "discover" it. I'm not suggesting that anyone HIDE anything but I'm just curious, what sorts of "checks" does the trustee typically do before discharge and how likely is it that, if not discovered yet, that it would?

Please, these are all just questions, I'm not suggesting anyone do anything illegal...
                              I certainly will not lie, but they really cann't. They can search probate records or asset searches, but my name is not listed there. I guess I'll have to report it on my taxes, but it's not taxable.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X