Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping our RV in Ch 13

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone kept or attempted to keep their RV during a Ch 13? We have retained an attorney, and will be filing probably the middle of next month. We are giving up our boat, but would really like to keep our RV. My disposable income is high enough that I am sure we would end up paying 100% of our unsecured debt whether we kept the RV or not. So, my thinking is that we would be able to keep it. Our attorney agrees, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experience with this matter.

Thanks!

Do a search on this forum. This topic has been thoroughly discussed before (with me having personally gone through this). I believe you answered your own question. If you are paying 100% to unsecured the court won't care what you keep/surrender.

Comment

TexasEx is correct. If you are paying 100% of all allowed claims then keeping "the toys" is not an issue.

Des.

Comment

we got to keep ours - but it was paid for in full. We thought the Trustee would take it but he didnt, however we did have to pay the value of it into our plan since its only 4 years old.

Comment

Kept ours also. Crammed down the payoff (owed over 12k to 8k) and included it in plan. More than willing to give it up but was never considered. Go figure.
          Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

You can keep the RV on a 13 you will pay for it. There is an advantage if your loan is upside down. They take the FMV of the RV and you can pay it all off in a 3 or 5 yr plan. This is in California and with my circumstances.

Comment

If it's a 100% plan it's no problem. Since mine was a 19% plan our judge ruled for the trustees objection and we lost it. He cited low dividend, higher cell payments, high car payments as reasons.
              19% dividend

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X