When do payments start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do payments start?

I am having a final meeting with my attorney on Tuesday. I have moved very quickly and not had much time to save money up. I was wondering, how much time is there in between filing and actually making payments?
    Thanks,
    Dee

Your first Ch 13 payment is due to your trustee within 30 days of filing.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Question: who decided what those payments will be PRIOR to confirmation? I know it can take months to get confirmed.
      Retained atty 3/2010. Filed Chapter 13 on 1/2013.

Comment

Originally posted by sheilaE View Post
        Question: who decided what those payments will be PRIOR to confirmation? I know it can take months to get confirmed.
        My lawyer hasn't officially filed yet and we haven't met with a trustee yet, I am just going over all of the forms and paperwork he asked me to compile.
        Dee

Comment

The first payment is due within 30 days of filing chapter 13. The payment amount is whatever you initially proposed in the chapter 13 plan. So, if YOUR chapter 13 plan proposal says you will pay $300 per month, that is what you start with. After all the wrangling with the chapter 13 trustee, your payment may be $400 per month at time of confirmation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X