Creditor Not Listed On Claims Summary On National Data Center Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Not Listed On Claims Summary On National Data Center Website

I'm looking for a little advice as I cannot get my attorney to respond to my question. I have a creditor who is not showing up on my claims summary for the national data center website. I have double checked the actual filing and they are definitely listed on the filing, but still not showing up on the website. I should point out that all others are listed on the summary even though some have not actually filed a claim at this point. Is this something to be concerned about and if so how do I resolve the issue? I have my 341 meeting in two weeks.

All this most likely means is that the creditor has failed to file a Proof of Claim. There is no requirement for a creditor to "share in the dividend". If it wants to then it must file a claim. Not all creditors will file claims. The fact that you properly listed the creditor with a correct address is all that matters.

Des.

Comment

As long as there is a listing for "scheduled creditor" on the NDC site, for the amount that you have listed in your filing, then the poor creditor will not be partaking in the sharing of the dividend, having not filed a proof of claim. I have about 9 of these listed on the NDC in my case, and it just means they came late to the party, if not skipped the party altogether.

John
      Filed Chapter 13 pro se: 9/30/2008, 341 Meeting: 11/15/2008, Plan Approved: 1/6/2009, 100% of all claims paid: 10/19/2010. Trustee closed case: 11/5/10 DISCHARGED: 11/18/10

Comment

John,

Thanks for the reply. That's just it, however. They are not listed at all. I have all the creditors who we included in the filing on there except for them. The creditors that have yet to file a proof of claim are still listed but are showing a claim of $0 at this time. I am worried that something bad could happen because it looks like the website forgot to add this creditor. As I mentioned before they were listed on our filing with the court.

Comment

I noticed the exact same thing on my creditor summary page just yesterday! I was wondering the same thing, too. Here's what I found out:

I freaked out and called my attorney's office, who freaked out also. She looked at my Schedule F to make sure it was listed, and it was. After a collective sigh of relief, the bottom line is that the National Data Center can be wrong sometimes. As long as it is listed on Schedule F for the Court to deal with, then we're golden.

My 341 is next week - I just about passed out when I noticed an account was not listed on teh NDC! So far PACER shows no surprises and I'm hoping no news is good news and that I sail through confirmation.

Here's to hoping - dreams are free!

--13for60
          Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
          341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X