top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Confirmation today.. Crap Lawyer/Rough Trustee = Bag O' Nerves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Confirmation today.. Crap Lawyer/Rough Trustee = Bag O' Nerves!

just a bundle of nerves...... and I need a bit of a vent!!! (or is it that I want .. see learning!!)

I know that the trustee is not our "friend" but sheesh... she has given me a rough ride! She took into consideration a huge tax refund that I had last year, bumped my payment up by $500.00!!! I mean come on lady ask a freakin' question don't assume, if she had looked at prior years she would have seen where I only got $200.00 back!!!! So now my lawyer (who btw is absolutely AWFUL and suggested I get pregnant to lower my payment!!!), is going to my 2nd confirmation hearing TODAY!! I am nervous as I really feel that between my useless lawyer, who probably will not explain what happened and the strictness of the trustee, that i will be well and truly screwed today! ( trustee wants all pay increases, all tax refunds, all bonuses and my left lung for the next 60! I mean I get that Im not paying back 100% but can't a girl at least be able to save a penny or 2?).

(I had to pay a lot of legal fees to get out of an airtight non compete and was able to write them off!! The job loss 2.5 years ago was the beginning of my woes!)

The hearing is at 9:30 and I am under strict orders not to go by my POC atty.. so I will not hear anything until 1). something is posted on pacer (this was how I found out last time!) or 2). the office decides to call me.....

I'll keep you all posted....
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

I wish I could fire this lawyer... continued again..... will this ever be over, will I ever get some form of plan for my life moving forward...
      Last edited by enginegirl; 11-10-2010, 09:20 AM.
      Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Wow...discouraging post. So sorry to hear this. Hope it's over soon and works out for you! What a crazy thing for an atty to advise - Get Preg?? so nearsighted...

Comment

Originally posted by InOverHead View Post
          Wow...discouraging post. So sorry to hear this. Hope it's over soon and works out for you! What a crazy thing for an atty to advise - Get Preg?? so nearsighted...
          It will all be better soon I hope... I'm just even more upset with the fact that the new court date will be close when I am going on a well deserved cheap vacation.. I was using air-miles and staying on a friend's boat and it is cheap cheap to eat etc where I was supposed to be going... probably cant go now and I have not had a break in 2 1/2 years ... just another thing in the suck ass that has been my life the past 3 years.. I was hoping to get the confirmation over and done with and finally be able to more forward with some type of foresight into what the next 5 years will be... I hate the uncertainty it is driving me insane.... and preggo thing.. thank god there was a desk between us.. seriously I might have smacked her for that one...... I can barely take care of myself and dog let alone a child....

I will have my pity party tonight and move forward again in the morning....
          c'est la vie......

Comment

enginegirl, sorry to hear about your delay, but hang in there, it took mine 3 tries for no real reason.
            confirmed 7/22/10
            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Originally posted by enginegirl View Post
              I wish I could fire this lawyer... continued again..... will this ever be over, will I ever get some form of plan for my life moving forward...
              enginegirl...so sorry to hear about all of this!!! why can't you fire your lawyer and get a new one??? i would ask for my money back and tell them why you are so displeased. you should have at least warned about these situations....

i'm so sorry...i really hope things will improve for you.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                why can't you fire your lawyer and get a new one??? i would ask for my money back and tell them why you are so displeased. you should have at least warned about these situations....
                I actually interviewed another lawyer who said I am so far down the line at this point it would be pointless as I would have to let this filling get dismissed, wait and then refile.... I don't think I can wait another 180 plus days to start the 60 month count down.... this all started 7/17, so I am 4 months in.. by the time we get to the next date 5/6 months of payments will have been made so only 55/54 payments to go.. ( trying to look at bright side here... I'm usually a cup half full type of person!).

I pretty much went off on them today... told them that I am utterly disgusted with the complete lack of communication... it wouldn't be so bad if the told me that either A B or C might happen, then at least I would be prepared mentally for another delay... btw.. did I mention that the 'reason' for this delay was that she was unprepared as she thought that the confirmation would be next week after my bar date and didn't check the date.. I mean come on seriously???!!!!?? this woman apparently has over 20 years of BK experience and was highly recommended!!! ok I going back to wallow in my bottle of cheap red.... tomorrow is another day..

ps... thanks for the good wishes, it is much appreciated.. and it feels good to be able to vent to others that are in the same place and can understand where I am coming from... my friends kinda get it and my family have been making sure that I eat...

Comment

Originally posted by enginegirl View Post
                  I actually interviewed another lawyer who said I am so far down the line at this point it would be pointless as I would have to let this filling get dismissed, wait and then refile.... I don't think I can wait another 180 plus days to start the 60 month count down.... this all started 7/17, so I am 4 months in.. by the time we get to the next date 5/6 months of payments will have been made so only 55/54 payments to go.. ( trying to look at bright side here... I'm usually a cup half full type of person!).

I pretty much went off on them today... told them that I am utterly disgusted with the complete lack of communication... it wouldn't be so bad if the told me that either A B or C might happen, then at least I would be prepared mentally for another delay... btw.. did I mention that the 'reason' for this delay was that she was unprepared as she thought that the confirmation would be next week after my bar date and didn't check the date.. I mean come on seriously???!!!!?? this woman apparently has over 20 years of BK experience and was highly recommended!!! ok I going back to wallow in my bottle of cheap red.... tomorrow is another day..

ps... thanks for the good wishes, it is much appreciated.. and it feels good to be able to vent to others that are in the same place and can understand where I am coming from... my friends kinda get it and my family have been making sure that I eat...
                  i so understand! who really wants to start from square one at this point anyway.

the good thing, i believe, is that you let them know clearly how you felt and what you expected from them. if the firm reps do not shape up, i would ask to speak to a "senior" partner of the firm and let them know what's happening...

many do care, because much of many atty's businesses are based on word of mouth...referrals...you may want to remind them the next time they are out of line....20 years of experience...maybe she doesn't much care for her job anymore??? this is all hoooooooo hum to them...they do it everyday...but this is US and it's personal...sometimes they just do not get it and need to be reminded.

we had a sweet young guy, he was so caring, he would call us to reassure me all the time...i thought i was so tired of loud mouth know it all attys ...we went with the soft spoken sweet, yale grad...who looked like he didn't know a thing...and wow...the firm was young and hungry...and happened to have excellent relationships with the trustees....knew them all..ran them all down to us at the consult. you're HIRED!!! LOL!!

enginegirl....you'll do fine...i'm sure. we all know how frustrating this is, let alone not feeling like our atty is in our corner...but it will work out!!
                  Last edited by tobee43; 11-11-2010, 08:32 AM. Reason: typos r me
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Found new date for 3rd confirmation on Pacer... Dec 8th.... lets hope this will be it..... I really want to start the new year with a clear plan in place.

Comment

NO!! we are going to HOPE!!! we KNOW it will go PERFECT! positive thinking!!! it will go just fine, i'm sure..

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                        NO!! we are going to HOPE!!! we KNOW it will go PERFECT! positive thinking!!! it will go just fine, i'm sure..
                        thanks toobee!

Comment

fingers crossed for ya enginegirl that 8 Dec is your lucky day!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X