My New Life Changes after filing B/K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Life Changes after filing B/K

Well with the payment amount I am going to be making with my Chapter 13 I have room where I will be able to save a few hundred bucks a month.

However, I have decided to make some changes on my own and make this truly a new change in my way of thinking/spending money.

I have decided that on this next Monday I am going to quit smoking. I currently smoke 1.5 packs a day. This will save me an extra $250.00 a month.

I have decided to give up on eating out (as I spend LOTS on food each month due to my hours) -- this will save me at least $2-300 a month.

I have also decided to give up on soda -- this will save minimal amount - but will have me lose more weight and be healthier for me.

I am hoping I can accomplish all of this -- I have quit smoking a few times in my life, but every-time it was not me actually wanting to do so. This time it is a choice and I want to do it. Please cross your fingers for me.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
    Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Fingers crossed for you

Good Luck!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by FishersMike View Post
      Well with the payment amount I am going to be making with my Chapter 13 I have room where I will be able to save a few hundred bucks a month.

However, I have decided to make some changes on my own and make this truly a new change in my way of thinking/spending money.

I have decided that on this next Monday I am going to quit smoking. I currently smoke 1.5 packs a day. This will save me an extra $250.00 a month.

I have decided to give up on eating out (as I spend LOTS on food each month due to my hours) -- this will save me at least $2-300 a month.

I have also decided to give up on soda -- this will save minimal amount - but will have me lose more weight and be healthier for me.

I am hoping I can accomplish all of this -- I have quit smoking a few times in my life, but every-time it was not me actually wanting to do so. This time it is a choice and I want to do it. Please cross your fingers for me.

Have a great weekend everyone!
      one of us smoked 50 years and the other 40 plus...the only thing we can't understand is how COULD we do that...it's sooooo terrible!! and sooooo expensive...we couldn't afford it, additionally, our daughter FINALLY was carrying our first grandchild (after an over 30 year plus wait) and simply told us...YOU TWO smoke you don't see us or the baby...nasty kid she is....and unfortunately extremely well educated....

my daughter had us both put on chantex prior to all the warnings (she knew because it's her business), etc...well...and when our doctor wanted to explain the side effects...i said i DO NOT want to know them...EVER..(we were one of the very first to use the drug so there was very little published at the time)...well you know what?? we did have side effects...some, but nothing worse than the side effect and the final effects of smoking...PLUS the cost..per pack where we lived was hitting $7 each!!

i wish you the best! i can tell you this...the NOT smoking feels JUST as good, if NOT better than the discharge and close of bk!!

best of luck! YOU CAN DO THIS!!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats on your plans! What a great way to begin your fresh start!
        Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
        Attended 341 September 2010
        Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

You'll do great! You have positive goals, and each one you accomplish will give you more incentive to stick with your program (and your plan ) What a fantastic outlook!
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

WTG FM! You can do everything you set forth if you put your mind to it! I quit smoking nearly 8 years ago and hubby about 10 years ago - both of us did it cold turkey. Was it hard? Yep... was it worth it? Absolutely!

As for the eating out part - look online for recipes that are from your favorite restaurants. I have an entire book dedicated to restaurant recipes and they're pretty dead on to what they restaurant serves.

Good luck - you can do it!

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              my daughter had us both put on chantex prior to all the warnings (she knew because it's her business), etc...well...and when our doctor wanted to explain the side effects...i said i DO NOT want to know them...EVER..(we were one of the very first to use the drug so there was very little published at the time)...well you know what?? we did have side effects...some,
              I took Chantix too. I think the best part of taking it were the side effects -- the dreams. Good dreams. Really GOOD dreams. The most vivid, lifelike dreams you've ever had. The kind where after you wake up, it takes you a few minutes to decide whether it was a dream or whether it really happened.
              Last edited by MSbklawyer; 11-12-2010, 11:29 AM.
              Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                I took Chantix too. I think the best part of taking it were the side effects -- the dreams. Good dreams. Really GOOD dreams. The most vivid, lifelike dreams you've ever had. The kind where after you wake up, it takes you a few minutes to decide whether it was a dream or whether it really happened.
                GET OUT!!! ROFL!!! they were like taking acid in the 60's!!!! WERE they NOT the MOST realist dream experiences ever....

my had tons of bloods.....and i won't even post on pandora's thread about horror movies they scare me so much!!!!!

my other half had taste bud problems for about a year after....but it went away.

the VERY best side effect of chantix...is IT WORKS!!

so i'm thinking you no longer smoke msbklawyer..
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

[QUOTE=FishersMike;472202]

I wish you TONS of luck with this... I quit almost 3 years ago ... cold turkey.. it was hard... I replaced my smoking habit with a running habit... helped with weight gain and the moodiness you get from no nicotine!!! and the Endorphins released is the best natural high you will ever find!!

I have decided to give up on eating out (as I spend LOTS on food each month due to my hours) -- this will save me at least $2-300 a month. Brown bag it to work ... but be sure to treat your self once in a while... You HAVE to have something to look forward to once in a while!

I have also decided to give up on soda -- this will save minimal amount - but will have me lose more weight and be healthier for me. Definitely!!

I am hoping I can accomplish all of this -- I have quit smoking a few times in my life, but every-time it was not me actually wanting to do so. This time it is a choice and I want to do it. Please cross your fingers for me. RUN RUN RUN! you can do it!
                  Have a great weekend everyone! You Too!!!!!
                  Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes and your experiences -- your support will definitely help with my motivation -- if I feel I am going to struggle I will just come on here as everyone is so supportive I am sure can steer me back in the right direction.

I did try Chantix years ago when it first came out on one of my quit smoking attempts. Unfortunately I could not tell a difference. It did not make the cigarettes taste unappealing - at least in my opinion - so I am going to try cold turkey. If I feel I am going to stray I also can take a puff off a e-cigarette that I have.

I love this place!
                    Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
                    Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

Originally posted by FishersMike View Post
                      Thanks for the good wishes and your experiences -- your support will definitely help with my motivation -- if I feel I am going to struggle I will just come on here as everyone is so supportive I am sure can steer me back in the right direction.

I did try Chantix years ago when it first came out on one of my quit smoking attempts. Unfortunately I could not tell a difference. It did not make the cigarettes taste unappealing - at least in my opinion - so I am going to try cold turkey. If I feel I am going to stray I also can take a puff off a e-cigarette that I have.

I love this place!
                      i need to elaborate a bit about chantix....my dh was on it two weeks and stopped smoking...well NOT me...it was over 3 months and still i couldn't quit.

my daughter ( she's a forensic psychologist...up on all the drugs more than me)..explained to me that this drug, chantix affects the additive part of the brain...and it takes some people much longer to respond to the residual effect of the drug...in my case, i had to take the drug almost a year. so her point was don't give up if it doesn't seem like it's not working...because.... then low and behold, i woke up one morning...went for my coffee and cigarette...and couldn't even get one drag down...threw them out and never looked back. i did continue with the chantix ANOTHER six months..and then i never looked back.

you may want to revisit the chantix if you find you're having some problem...but you most likely will be able to do it all by yourself!!..

Comment

I realize we are all different in how we do things/process changes, but to increase your success with it, try to just eliminate one at a time. Pick an order that would be conducive to stopping one and not aggravating a desire for the other, etc...

Wish you good luck no matter what!

Comment

I smoked for 20+ years and am getting the lip lines to prove it I quit for good over a year ago. Have a back up, get a hobby, something to fill in that time when you'd smoke. Good luck with it all, and I suggest you maybe not tackle it all at once so you don't feel too deprived.

Comment

Hi, I quit smoking 7 years ago, one of the toughest things I ever did. This is what's helping me get through what I'm going through now. I feel that If I can learn to live without cigarettes, that I can learn to live within my means.

Well good luck with your goals and plans

Comment

Congrats and best of luck to you. I, too, have decided that some things I would have to change when I filed. Among them was limiting myself to eating out only 1 time a week(saving at least 50/week), and going to the gym to work out.
                              Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                              The rebuilding begins

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X