top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why am I getting credit card offers in the mail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am I getting credit card offers in the mail?

I am almost done with my first year (have 2 yrs left) and in the last 2 weeks I have gotten 4 credit card offers in the mail. I don't even open them they just go straight to the shredder. But I was wondering why I would be getting any offers at all since I am in a 13. Can anyone explain please? Thank you.

I can't answer your question, but I am receiving CC applications via e-mail the day AFTER my 341. I was shocked!!

Now my daughter has announced a wedding date of 05/21/2011 - she will lose her EITC and her Pell Grant - I find myself biting my tongue not to tell her how silly she is - yes I know it is her life but sheesh.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I can't answer it either, but I have received 3 offers after my 341. I have not even been confirmed yet.

Comment

Do a search in this forum on this subject - there are numerous postings regarding cc offers during BK and after discharge. Basically what is going on is your names are on mailing lists that have been floating around for a long time or fairly recent as creditors glean information from your credit reports as to people who fall into certain classes (i.e., bad credit, bankruptcy). So if you file bankruptcy, expect to be sent offers geared to those in that class of folks and those offers will be from banks who are BK friendly, but usually come with annual fees, other fees and high interest rates. After discharge, for both Chapter 7 and 13, the car dealerships will send you all sorts of offers to come in and get a car but again those offers are geared to those with bad credit. Pre-approved means nothing. It's a tactic to get you to apply (read the fine print). Your Bk filings are all public record and accessible by anyone who wants to send high risk credit offers to you. It's not because of your credit that they want you or who you are or what you make, etc., it's because you filed BK, are debt free, and cannot file BK again for another 8 years or so.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X