The waiting game . . . . continues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The waiting game . . . . continues.

Today, I was so very excited because my Pacer account had a status change. I was so happy, I wanted to jump.

But, when I looked at the "change" it was simply that my Trustee:

Letter Re: Completion Letter to Debtor(s). Filed by Trustee

Does this mean I am officially done? Or am I still waiting for something else to happen?

Update: Today I got a letter congratulating me on finishing my payments . . . but explaining that my case is still open with the BK court, until all final payments to creditors are cleared/cashed. This could be any time - up to 90 days. At that time the Trustee will file a final report to the court, and my case will officially "discharge".

Ugghhh. . .90 days? Gosh !! . . I hope it is much sooner.

Today, I also logged into my 13data account, and I see that my Trustee has issued my $1,000 refund to me . . YIPEEEE . . there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

One more step . . I hope. (But I could be wrong . . I thought I was done 2 months ago lol)

Comment

Yes, closing out a Chapter 13 is a much longer process. Just hang in there! You are one of only a few who make it to discharge!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement!

Comment

Well, hooray! And you have $1000 on the way...that alone is something to celebrate. I hope the final FINAL of your 13 happens soon!
          Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
          New Job 7-2011

Comment

Thanks chicagoannie!! Yipeeeeee for a thousand dollars lol . . I feel like I am rich hahaha. . . been so long since I had extra money.
            I hope it ends soon too . . . I feel as if I have been waiting forever.

Comment

Congrats on completion

Comment

Thank you jsperk

Comment

Congratulations!! From one who is just getting started! Sending in first payment tomorrow, as soon as I find the address! 1 down, 45 to go. Our proposed plan is set up for 46 months, but that may change after the General Motors deal (That's a different post). We haven't had our 341 yet, scheduled 1/28, seems a lifetime away. I'll bet the refund seems like you won the lottery!
                  Congrats again!
                  Ch13 filed 1/13/11, 341 held 2/17/11, Confirmed 3/23/11
                  1% to unsecured creditors
                  25 down, 15 to go! Thanks to all for your help here on the Forum!

Comment

Thanks for the congrats lookin4info! Best of luck with your 13. It's a long road, but really - it goes pretty fast. Hang in there and do whatever they need you to do. Life is hard, but it's better than the alternative.

Yes, the check will feel nice . . I check my mailbox everyday haha.

Comment

Update:

It feels great to be done . . .but WOW is it frustrating. Here I am, still waiting. Final payments were sent out to all of my creditors on January 5, 2011. I then received a congrats you're done, but not really done, letter explaining that all checks need to clear before a final report can be done, and have the bk close in the courts.

So, I wait . . .and wait . . and wait. It is now February 9, and guess what? I am still waiting. But, here comes the best part . . . guess WHO I am waiting for? MEEEEEEE

Apparently, when they say "all checks must clear" it included any refund checks to you if you overpaid in your BK . . which is easy to do when they are garnishing your wages lol.

So, initially they sent me a $1,000 refund . . Yippee. Cashed it. Done? No. Cause they were still processing the "stop garnish". So more money was coming from my check into the Bk. So, two weeks later ,I get a new refund check for $250 . . Yipeeee . . Done? No. They still took another garnish from my next check. Woke up this morning and saw they are issuing a third refund check for $250. Yipeeeee

Oh well . . such is life. I should of expected this.

Comment

Your update made me smile...I'm thrilled for you that you are done, but oh my the process can be a hoot!
                        Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                        I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Mama always said . . . . smiles are free, so give'em away! . . . no wait . . that was life and she was comparing it to chocolate . . . or something.

Comment

I found that many attorneys -- and especially pro se filers -- forget to Motion the Court to Vacate the Wage Deduction Order when they no longer need to make payments. The majority of Trustee offices do not do this for you. And yes, they will wait an entire cycle or two to make sure nothing else comes in!
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My attorney offered to vacate the wage deduction, and the Trustee's Office even told me that I could fax a request to their office to end it, because it was voluntary. However, stupid me . . . I thought . . well, it will be kinda nice to get the big refund and put it down on a car, because after 5 years, my current car is (cough cough put putttt). So, I just let nature take it's course.

I know I know . . WHY would you allow someone to keep taking your money, when you can have it in the bank working for you right? Well, for me, I knew that I was already trained to get by without the money. I also knew that if the money came back in my checks, I might blink and it's gone on gas, food, crap. But if I just kept living as if I was in BK . . . . the larger combined refund would be a great down payment on a car.

Now, I can see that for several reasons, that was a mistake.

I never assumed that my refund checks would hold up the final stage of the BK.

The Trustee did process, on her own, the Vacate, and it was signed by the Judge on January 24th. But that was too late to catch my most recent pay check, therefore now I must wait another round for the last refund check. Cash it . . .then sit and wait some more for them to file the final report to the court.

I am estimating 3 weeks maybe. But prepared for 8 weeks . . simply due to the laws of nature.
                              Last edited by Kuya; 02-09-2011, 05:42 AM. Reason: added

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X