What's a "Proposed Confirmation Order??"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a "Proposed Confirmation Order??"

Our confirmation hearing was today, and we didn't have to show up, not even the attorney.

Checked PACER tonight and saw this:

"The motion to confirm or modify a chapter 13 plan was fully noticed in compliance with Local Rules and there is no opposition. The motion is granted without oral argument for cause shown. The debtor shall submit a proposed confirmation order for approval to the chapter 13 trustee."

Does this mean we're confirmed? PACER Status still shows awaiting confirmation. What happens next? Does this mean our plan payment is set and won't change unless our circumstances do? I ask this because the trustee has made no issue about any of our expenses, some of which are very high.

Can anyone explain what the proposed confirmation order is and what happens next?

BTW- We're in the Eastern District of CA.

This means that you're confirmed. However, you need an Order Confirming Chapter 13 plan. It appears that in your District, the debtor (or the debtor's attorney) writes the order. In my District, the Trustee writes the order.

Congratulations! Now, just keep up your payments and stay under the radar!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! One question if I may - how long after your 341 did this pop up on PACER? It's been about...15/16 days counting weekends/holidays...

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
        CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! One question if I may - how long after your 341 did this pop up on PACER? It's been about...15/16 days counting weekends/holidays...
        We had our 341 meeting on April 6th and the confirmation hearing was yesterday. I checked PACER last night and the minutes from the hearing were already posted. My status on PACER, however still shows as "Awaiting Confirmation."

Comment

Originally posted by Danglin View Post
          We had our 341 meeting on April 6th and the confirmation hearing was yesterday. I checked PACER last night and the minutes from the hearing were already posted. My status on PACER, however still shows as "Awaiting Confirmation."
          THANKS!!!!! Wow - may I also ask if this was your original confirmation date? Ours was "auto calendared" by the "system" when the BK was filed. Did you hear anything from the Trustee between then and confirmation?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X