Chapter 13 Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 Payment

I was just notified by my Trustee that I will now be required to send my payment to Memphis, TN instead of Fresno, CA which is where I live. Sending a payment accross the country with only a stamp and a prayer is not going to work for me.

Sending the payment in with some sort of tracking number or delivery confirmation is going to cost more which really bothers me. I have made 23 payments to my plan and have never been late, so I was just wondering why this is happening.

Since filing for bankruptcy my salary has been reduced by $900.00 dollars per month, which in turn is forcing me into a forclosure on my home. I am doing everything I can do to make my plan payment, but it never seems to end.

Wow sorry I just realized I took a walk to left field with my fellings, anyway is this normal or just something new as far as where you send in a payment.

This has happened often (changing the "pay to" address). It's rare that there is a problem with plain old USPS, but if it concerns you it really doesn't cost much for regular delivery confirmation.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I am also in the eastern district of CA and received the same notice. I don't believe it has anything to do with your individual case, the tt simply isn't processing his own receivables anymore. TN is apparently a popular ch.13 processing facility
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Good ole Memphis, Tennessee. Seems to be the choice of more and more Chapter 13 Trustees. This is a lockbox location that processes Chapter 13 payments. If you're concerned about the mail, have you looked into whether your Trustee allows "BillPay" type checks to be sent from your bank? Also, have you considered a Wage Deduction?
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We have the Memphis box too...I'm not sure why some districts are "in love" with wage deductions - then you're relying on a third party to send a check...at least if I can send it I can choose the method, know when it was, sent, etc.

Comment

My payments go to Memphis, too. Last time I waited about 2 weeks before it was posted...which was just so nerve wracking. This time I think I will send it in a padded envelope so I can use delivery confirmation.

Comment

Thanks to you all for answering my question, I don't know why this little issue irritated me so much.

Comment

shouldnt be an issue, just a change, but your comment in your original post is a bit concerning. You said you had a decrease in income that is causing foreclosure on your home. Have you talked to your attorney about modifying the plan? Maybe convert to a 7?
                Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                The rebuilding begins

Comment

I have been sending my Chapter 13 payments to the Memphis TN PO Box for 3 years (2 more to go) using USPS money orders and have never had a problem. If there was ever a problem, I would show the trustee my money order receipt. Your case will not be dismissed on account of late or lost mail.

Comment

Another Eastern District of CA filer here!

I was dismayed at the change of address, too. I liked the fact that our check only had to travel 110 miles to get to it's destination.

Does anyone know if the Chapter 13 trustee in our district accepts Billpay payments from the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by Danglin View Post

Does anyone know if the Chapter 13 trustee in our district accepts Billpay payments from the bank?
                      My order states money order or cashier's check only. I've been too afraid to try the billpay option....If you do, let the rest of us know! That would make life much easier!
                      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by Robinrader View Post

Since filing for bankruptcy my salary has been reduced by $900.00 dollars per month, which in turn is forcing me into a forclosure on my home. I am doing everything I can do to make my plan payment, but it never seems to end.
                        like jetsfan - I too am hit by the above comment. If your salary was reduced, did you not notify your attorney when it happened to possibly amend your schedules? Dont know why you filed Ch. 13, however given you are in this situation, perhaps its time to look at converting to a CH. 7 as another option.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X