3 year plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 year plan

My bankrupcy will be a 3 year plan as my income is less than the median at $45,000/annually. Right now I am working a temp job but may get hired permanantly. I am wondering if my income goes over the median to say 46-50k will I be require to modify my plan into 5 years or would my DMI just go up and I would end up paying more monthly?
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

No you will not need to change your plan to 5 years.

(I think that's my shortest post in months.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Glad I could help ;) Thanks!
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

However, your Trustee may seek to amend your plan to pay more money if your DMI (disposable monthly income) increases significantly.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Is there a percentage that the trustee looks at or is it a dollar figure? I'm wondering what would be considered significant? it could go up by 5k which was what I was making when I lost my full time job or it could stay the same. Wondering if I should consider maybe negotiating that they pay my benefits rather than take the salary.

Comment

That would be right on the border. In some Districts, the Trustee's don't even CARE if you make more money. So long as you stay on plan! Do you know if your plan requires you to submit income tax returns to the Trustee for review? If not, then they aren't interested in what you make and you can just run out your plan.

Generally speaking, and this is not the law, the Trustee "might" seek to modify your plan if your income increases significantly over 10% in a year. As I wrote, some don't even care.

I'd review my Plan to see what provisions are in there.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X