Additional money for filing fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional money for filing fee

I met with my attorney on October 10th (second meeting not the consultation) and gave her all the information required to file. I gave her the filing fee of $274. Today I received a letter in the mail saying the filing fee went up and I need to send an additional $7.00. I'm a little irritated as I called last week to ask when my paperwork would be sent to me to sign and when it would be filed. She left me a voicemail and said I should see it in a week. I suppose I could send in the money order for the additional $7.00 with my signed paperwork. Does anyone know what date the filing fee went into effect? I guess I will have to call to see if I have to send the payment first before they send me the documents to sign. Ugh, I just want this filed and done with!
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

The new filing fee is effective November 1. Call your attorney and ask if she can have the documents ready for you to sign in time to have them filed by the 31st. You may need to go to her office to sign them.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

It was announced Oct 17, it goes into effect, Nov 1.

Comment

I this post serious?

Comment

Originally posted by eltaur2000 View Post
          I this post serious?
          When you are broke, $7 can be a lot of money. It could mean you can or can't buy gas to get to work that day, or feed your family dinner that night.
          Consider yourself lucky if you've never had to scrounge under the cushions for change

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X