exemptions in AZ and cosigned loans question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exemptions in AZ and cosigned loans question

I am so happy to have found this site, and have learned so much on here so far. I am considering a pro se filing in Arizona, am planning on meeting with some lawyers when I get the time too.

I've got a couple questions. First does anyone know about the arizona household property exemption? I have read the law, the total value and the list of items. What I am curious about, for example it says 1 couch. Say I have two, a decent one and a beat up one. If everything is under the value limit can I exempt it all? And if not, can I exemt the better of the two and plan on paying the value of the 2nd?

Second question pertains to cosigned loans. Two vehicles, mine and my ex'es. Divorce awarded one to each and states we are responsible for the loans on the car we were awarded. Vehicle in-plan they won't expect me to pay hers off too, right? And student loans - know they aren't discharged, want to pay but my parents cosigned back in the late 90's. If it matters they are all sallie mae loans, two federal and one private consolidation. What will this do to their credit? Again I am not seeking to get rid of the loans since without the extra debt that's driven me to this point they would easily be in my budget. (Loans are current now)

Reason for going 13, financially renting will be about the same as my mortgage payment.. mortgage has fallen behind due to wage garnishment, plus a debt buyer suing me for old bills, on top of some late taxes.

Anyway thank you everyone for all the information posted. Any input on my two questions? Any help is greatly appreciated!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X