Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hel!p Tell me what this is - Objection to Allowance of Claim

I just made payment #59 out of 60!!!! and then I get this in today's mail

"Trustee's Objection to Allowance of Claim" - the Trustee objects to the allowance of the claim filed by **** Consumer Finance on 1/10/2007 for $75.33 and in support states as follows:

Then it says -- that the claimant has abandoned his/her claim. Payments totaling $25.18 have been made leaving a balance of $50.05. All efforts to locate the claimant have failed.

The Trustee then "prays" for an order allowing the claim for the $25.18 ... and disallowing the balance of $50.05 for the reason that the claimant has abandoned his claim, and for all other just and proper relief.

What does this really mean? and why now if it is from 2007?

Someone tell me that it is all okay and that I panicked for nothing. Thanks for any help and advice.

It's okay and you are panicking for nothing.

It sounds like the creditor has disappeared and the trusee can't find them. They apparenlty cashed a $25.18 check from the trustee before disappearing. The trustee needs the court to dissallow the balance of the claim (filed in 2007) so the funds can be distributed to other creditors. It sounds like the trustee is on the ball and getting this issue taken care of so that your case can be closed.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Yeah, if you look at your claims ledger on the 13datacenter site you will occasionally see checks that are either returned to sender or stopped payment on.
      They add the balance from the check back into the total amount due on the claim and try again.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X