Update!! January marks 3 years done!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update!! January marks 3 years done!!!

Hi Y'all!! Unbelievable that 3 years is done!! If you would like some background information check out my sticky post of Update! January marks 2 years in...

I can't believe we have 23 payments left!!! Woo hoo!!! Each year gets easier and easier! Our kids are growing, now ages 14,11,6 and 3. The kids remain busy with activities. Our oldest plays baseball on a select team, which isn't cheap and I have to do fundraisers to help pay for this. We will be traveling to AZ for spring break to watch him play ball there. What fun! Then, in June we are going to Florida for 6 weeks while my husband works there. It will be a great get away for the kids. All of our kids are in gymnastics and the 3 year old does ballet. The 6 year old also plays baseball. We pay for everything with CASH. We continue to live on a BUDGET! IT WORKS and nobody is miserable or missing out on anything.
    Like I've said in past posts the first year was the hardest, just getting everyone use to living a different way was a struggle. Every month I find new ways to cut back or save money on something. I just converted over to a cable internet/phone service instead of thru the telephone company and it's going to safe us $30 a month! I continue to use coupons, groupons and I ad match at Walmart or Target when buying groceries. EVERY PENNEY COUNTS AND YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE EVERY PENNY GOES!!
    Life is good! If you are just starting out in a 13- HANG IN THERE!! It does work, but YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT WORK! You have to change the way you live, the way you spend money, and if you don't- you will fail and it will be hard!!

Also, I want to thank everyone else who posts positive and inspiring posts! I read them over and over to help me stay motivated. It really does help to hear others are making this work too!

Good luck Y'all!!
    MommyMC

We haven't filed yet, but so glad to hear things are going great!

Comment

Great news, MommyMc - thanks for sharing your experiences so far! Most Ch 13 filers find out just like you did that with very careful budgeting and creative thinking, many things are possible. Congrats on your three years completed, and may the coming two years be completely boring and predictable
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Good for you, MommyMc - you sound so positive and upbeat about the whole process of BK and life. Buying what you really NEED and not what you just WANT has been the biggest lesson for me. And sleeping well at night has been one of the biggest rewards.
        And I agree this forum has been a great blessing and the posters have been great inspirations.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X