Maybe nearing the end????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe nearing the end????

Hi everyone. We are in a Ch 13 since May 2008. We are in a 5 year, 100% payback plan. Our plan base was $75,000 but not everyone filed a claim. So according to the NDC the remaining balance on the claims is about $15,000. Our payments are $1515 per month and we should have all of the remaining claims paid by the end of the year. Does this mean our bankruptcy will be over sooner than the 5 years? I understand we continue paying until we are told to stop but should I let myself get excited that this may be over sooner rather than later?

Thanks for any help.

Your 100% 13 plan for 60 payments was originally crafted to include all your unsecured creditors filing claims. Since that didn't happen, then yes, it is possible that your case will end before 60 payments have to be made. Ask your lawyer to confirm this may be the case in your situation.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I'm in the same boat, but looking at the last two payments before the amounts showing in ch13 & pacer are paid, almost a year early. I'm trying not to hope too hard though, I just feel like there could be some impending change, and I'd be crushed if I felt like it was all over and found otherwise... 60 payments, anything earlier would be like winning the lottery, just not expecting it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X