• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faith restored
    Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Yay! So glad it worked out for you.

LITR's sugestion about the Forever stamped envelopes is a great one, too!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congratulations!!!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Best thing I ever did in my 13 was to sign up for Electronic Debit from my checking account. Always on time and never gets lost in the mail and it's free. My 60th payment they stopped the debit automatically. I put the money in there for the 61st month just to make sure but it is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo View Post
            Best thing I ever did in my 13 was to sign up for Electronic Debit from my checking account. Always on time and never gets lost in the mail and it's free.
            Was this something offered by your Trustee's office? I take it this is different from a garnishment order.

Comment

Most trustees will only accept payment by garnishment, check or money order.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                We had to send ours to the trustee's postal box. We could send check or money order--that was it.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Ours only took money orders. Garnishments or debit from checking or savings account. We mailed for first year then set up debit. It came out on 20th each month.

Comment

Debiting directly frmo my checking account to the trustee sounds like a best solution for me. That way it's under my control (I can guarantee it stops after 60 payments) without the worry of losing it in the mail.

Comment

Yeah for the positive outcome.

My worst payment oops: back when I was 19-20 or so, and dealing with my first round of 'owning' credit cards I got a bill statement charging a late fee for a missed payment. I thought to myself, I remember writing the check! Pulled out my checkbook/register, and I had written it in! Then I realized the check was still there. Wrote the check, logged it, and mailed the payment coupon without the check!
                      ~Staci
                      Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                        I meant to say "...cashier's check or money order."
                        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

You guys all sound like you are comfortable in your chapter 13, how hard is it and if we have consistent pension income will we be fine

Comment

Originally posted by magic13 View Post
                            You guys all sound like you are comfortable in your chapter 13, how hard is it and if we have consistent pension income will we be fine
                            Please reply to magic13 at his/her other thread: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...t-a-chapter-13

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X