Three Years Down, two to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Years Down, two to go

Grinding away. I really think this program should be three years maximum, not five. So much can happen in five. The first year was great with the calls stopping and bills getting paid. Now after three, I just want to be through and get on with my life. Good luck to all!

Congratulations Slim! We just made our 6th payment & have 2 1/2 yrs. to go. We would not want to be in a 5 yr. plan The best of luck to you in regaining your life. sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Slim...I'm pretty much right where you are. My next payment will be number 31 so I'm over the hump. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Congrats on making it this far Slim. I agree it should be 3 yrs for everyone. I am almost done with my 3 yr plan and I am ready for it to be over. I can't imagine going another 2 yrs.

Comment

3 years is great if you get a % payback that's feasible in your monthly budget. Odds are everything else will go up before your salary does, at least that's the way it's been as of late for me.

Comment

Slim, I am right there with you, this week I will be sending in payment #37. Expenses have gone up and down, some small raises and we continue to move forward. I just keep counting down. Except for making the monthly payment I don't really spent a lot of time worrying about it. I don't miss the credit cards, I just use my debit card.
            We have emergency money saved for the next thing that will happened. So far I have replaced an engine, transmission, fuel pump and water heater, all came out of my emergency savings.
            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

slim, conratulations on getting over the three-year hump. I'm 3 months behind you and can't wait to catch up!

Originally posted by ccmisery View Post
              3 years is great if you get a % payback that's feasible in your monthly budget. Odds are everything else will go up before your salary does, at least that's the way it's been as of late for me.
              ccmisery, you are too focused on % payback. Please read: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...oesn-t-matter)
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hang in there, it's painful but it will get better. We are in our final months and around the three year mark, we began talking of what it would be like post BK. A lot of life happens in five years and just like jange we had to replace a transmission and a car. We live life off the cash in our accounts and have no reliance on credit (other than mortgage). Keep the end game in mind. It will pay off in the end. And Congrats!

Comment

We are at 3 years as well. I agree 5 does seem long but it is what it is. I hope new people filing find this thread. I simply can not believe all the things that have went wrong during this first 3 years. Fridge died. Engine died. Health emergencies. Health problems worsened. House repair issues and more...

I am thankful for this experience believe it or not and I'm ready for the next 2 years to be over, bk wise.

I wish there was one thing we had done differently though. We lived extremely frugally before we filed. No vacations, no home repairs, skipped needs, went without, and sold our vacations for a basically double pay. When we learned a pay cut was coming (and a scam artist was certified mailing us) we filed that very day. We were driving an 5ish year old car at the time and a 15ish year old car that wasn't running right at that age. We also forgot to think about 2 teens soon to drive and soon to start college.

Our bankruptcy payment is based on those high salary weeks where we sold our vacation. I wished we had waited 6 months of regular pay before filing because the new pay cuts would have been included. I also wish we had taken care of our car needs first. Get your ducks in a row before you file newbies

Comment

I have only made 4 payments! You r so lucky!!!
                    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean. We are at about the same place as you are. I wish there was a way to accelerate it down so it didn't take the whole 5 years.

Comment

I know!!! But it is what it is :-(
                        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes! I didn't know so many were on this board in the same boat.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X