$2200 / mo payment hurts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
    I thought securing credit during a 13 was a huge no no and grounds for dismissal unless u got permission fm trustee! Maybe its just here or i am completely wrong!!!
    My trustee's website says the following :
    New debt
    You should avoid incurring new debt after the filing of the petition. If you must incur a debt after the filing of the petition, you are responsible for repayment and that debt amount cannot, in most instances, be included in your Chapter 13 plan.

Doesn't sound like a hard no.

Comment

It truly depends on which District you live. It also depends almost entirely on what's in the Order of Confirmation. I would not refer to the trustee's Website. I would refer to the individual debtor's Order Confirming Chapter 13 Plan in order to know what the requirements are.

In some Districts, you can incur up to $5,000 without permission. In other Districts, you cannot incur a single penny without permission.

I believe the Trustee's warning on the Website is to let you know that once you file, you can't incur a new debt the day after and expect it to be included in the Plan.
      Last edited by justbroke; 04-13-2013, 10:03 AM.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have been in my ch-13 since late 2010, and have not applied for any credit cards. However, according to my attorney small purchases put on account with my business vendors are O.K., that this is just considered "normal business."

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          It truly depends on which District you live. It also depends almost entirely on what's in the Order of Confirmation. I would not refer to the trustee's Website. I would refer to the individual debtor's Order Confirming Chapter 13 Plan in order to know what the requirements are.

In some Districts, you can incur up to $5,000 without permission. In other Districts, you cannot incur a single penny without permission.

I believe the Trustee's warning on the Website is to let you know that once you file, you can't incur a new debt the day after and expect it to be included in the Plan.
          That is true. According to my plan I can incur up to $5k without having to get permission. (Of course I will never get credit again unless it's for a car!) And maybe not even then!
          CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
          Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X