It's been a long hard journey....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a long hard journey....

Made our final payment 12/26/12, saw on PACER yesterday that we are discharged! So excited! So much has happened during the past 5 years, but it has made my husband and me smarter and stronger! We will never let ourselves get into that situation again. Doing the happy dance in this household!

Congrats, just try to be allergic to credit cards as much as possible. That will be my plan once I finish. I never had a problem paying back my debts as long as there wasn't hefty interest rates attached to it, but the greed of the banks and credit card companies made sure to make it difficult, especially when your dealt with job losses and etc.

There will soon be a pandemic of people filing bankruptcy, worse than anything in history due to the amount of household credit card debt being carried by the average person.

I hope to not have a credit card again, but the system might not allow it. I have been using debit for everything, but in some instances you need a credit card. Maybe at the most a $500 or $1000 limit would be the max I would go. How I remember getting offers in the mail, credit increased, balance transfer options and credit was flowing like Niagra Falls into my mail box. I once had $100K in available credit on plastic, luckily I did not use it, some of the accounts closed and I turned down offers to increase it.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We have a Wednesday Chapter13 Discharge Party!!! This GREAT news, and a GREAT accomplishment! Here is your officially unofficial Dance of Victory:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sorry about that. Try this one: you may have to skip over an ad...
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 02-13-2013, 07:04 AM.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Stressedoout,

A huge congrats! ...can't wait till it's our turn. Thanks for the inspiration.

AC, please fix the link. The hamsters aren't dancing.
        Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
        Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ccmisery View Post
          I once had $100K in available credit on plastic, luckily I did not use it
          Why lucky? Unless you are in a 100% plan, you would be in the exact same position you are in now. You just would have had the fun of spending $100k first.
          Filed CH13 - 06/2009
          Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
            Why lucky? Unless you are in a 100% plan, you would be in the exact same position you are in now. You just would have had the fun of spending $100k first.
            Yes, but sad as it may sound I have $30,000+ in plastic debt and not a lot to show for it. Majority of the debt was spent on basic living expenses, some medical expenses, food and some car repairs.

Comment

Great News

Comment

Congrats!!!! I havent used credit since last May and I filed in October! I hope to never have to pay interest except for car, mortgage or student loan again! Oncs stud loan is done forever too! I hate interest and cc companies!
                Happy dance for you - you must feel so free!!!!
                Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Stud loan? Lol
                  Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congratulations...I'm very happy for you and your wife. Enjoy your new freedom (from the plan and from debt!)
                    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X