Timeline to file plan in Ch 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline to file plan in Ch 13

Quick question: Can you file the petition for Ch 13 without a plan filed at that moment, or does the plan need to be filed at that time. I seem to remember there being a 14 day time period where the plan must be filed if not filed with petition? Or would that be a local rule?

Thanks.
    Teacher Momma

We filed last August with a 3 yr. plan with the 1st payment due Sept. 1st prior to our Meeting. We were told that we had to have a plan set up when filing. sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

If the plan is not filed with the petition, it must be filed within 14 days of the filing of the petition. Regardless of when the plan is filed, the first plan payment must be made within 30 days of filing the petition. http://www.uscourts.gov/FederalCourt...Chapter13.aspx

You can actually file a petition without the schedules or plan as long as all schedules and the plan are filed within 14 days.

I suspect Sammie's attorney didn't want to file the petition without a plan because there was no good reason to do so. The only good reason I am aware of is to stop an already scheduled foreclosure sale or other action by a creditor to repossess property. But, I am sure there are other reasons.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X