House painting/Allowable modifications to plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House painting/Allowable modifications to plan

We have been in ch 13 for a year now. We have several mods to payoff car repairs etc..Is it possible to submit a request to replace and repair cedar siding and paint? I feel the cost will be between 1500-1700 to replace gutters, facia board and repair siding. Its impossible to budget for this once every 15-20 yr thing. Anyone gone thru this yet??
    Thanks in advance..

If you need to divert Plan payments to pay necessary repairs you would file a Motion to Waive Plan payments. In the Motion you would explain why you need to miss payments and how many. You would also explain how you intend to catch up those payments. If you are not at a 60 month Plan you could extend the Plan duration. If you are at 60 months you could increase the payment by $x/month for the last, say 24 months.

If you have an attny, he/she should be able to do this Motion as it is no big deal.

If you do not have any attny maybe your local bk court has a "self help center".

Edt. It appears you have done modifications in the past. Unless you have played that card one too many times, there should not be a problem now.

Des.
    Last edited by despritfreya; 04-09-2013, 06:56 AM. Reason: Add comment as I missed that OP had done prior modifications

Comment

I always thought you didnt have to extend the payment when you were at 60 mos..

Comment

Originally posted by saint88 View Post
        I always thought you didnt have to extend the payment when you were at 60 mos..
        Not sure what you mean. You cannot go beyond 60 months but you can increase the amount of the payment to make up for the missed payments. So, let's say you are in the 12th month of a 60 month Plan and payments are $100/per month. You need to waive the payments for months 13, 14 and 15 for a total of $300. You cannot extend the Plan to 63 months but you could resume payments in month 16 and increase the amount of the payment by $7.00 (rounding up) to $107/month for months 16 through 60 to make up for the $300. Get it????

Des.

Comment

Did you not budget for house maintenance or car maintenance in your plan?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X