Advice Needed...Ch13 Discharged but Finance Company will not turn over title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge ordered the creditor to release the lien on the title
    48 MO. CH13.......Filed Dec 08...Final Payment Oct 12...Discharged Feb 13 Case still opened
    Just when I thought it was over; BOOM in my face-->I owe more money

Comment

Did your attorney also request the creditor pay your legal fees and sanctions?

Comment

Wow! Crazy! Good luck!
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

no, he didn't and according to his paralegal; after filing this motion there is nothing else he can do
          48 MO. CH13.......Filed Dec 08...Final Payment Oct 12...Discharged Feb 13 Case still opened

Comment

Originally posted by Motivatedx3 View Post
            Judge ordered the creditor to release the lien on the title
            Nice! I love it when Judges lay down the hammer... I mean gavel!

FYI, your attorney should have asked for costs when they filed the Motion. Even I, as a pro se, always asked for costs to be taxed to opposing attorney/creditor when an order is in my favor and they were the cause of the needless litigation.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The judge has ordered this twice already and the creditor refuse to comply.

Comment

Originally posted by Motivatedx3 View Post
                The judge has ordered this twice already and the creditor refuse to comply.
                Wow... I can't imagine any judge putting up with this. If this were me (and I know it's not) and the creditor continues to disobey the judge's order I would:
                • Go back to the judge and clearly point out how the creditor is disobeying the judge.
                • Demand the title.
                • Demand legal fees and sanctions.

If the judge sees how the creditor is ignoring him/her, maybe the judge will get mad.

Comment

M-3x, who is the creditor?

Comment

Originally posted by Slingerland View Post
                    M-3x, who is the creditor?
                    He stated earlier it was USAA Federal Savings Bank. I am amazed by this - can not believe they are just blowing this off.

Maybe send this story to one of your local tv stations investigative teams....
                    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Another Update: Yesterday I spoke with a representative at the creditors' office and asked if I could send the ledger for the CH13. Ledger was faxed so I called today and was told the title was sent to me today. According to the rep, I should receive it within 7 days.

Comment

You should not have needed or found it necessary to do anything. I am somewhat surprised that your attorney is so nonchalant about this. But, again, some attorneys don't like to litigate and just like to "file papers"!
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X