Have you changed tax withholdings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you changed tax withholdings?

I owed 900.00 on one and recieved 1300. That i sent to my trustee. This is my first year. Then i changed withholdings to try to break even. My atty told me to, but i cant remember if hw told me to before or after confirmation! Do you think i am going to get in trouble? Why would they expect us to keep paying uncle sam and not adjust as necc. Thank you,
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

The trustee could consider the excess as disposable income and increase your payment. The question has been asked before that if you owe on one and receive on the other could you pay the difference into your 13, but it seems it is district to district and is likely based on your situation. A simple call to your attorney may help. I wish I had called the first year as I owed, and still owe, on the federal side and sent in my state refund for the first year. This last time the feds kept my refund to offset and I sent in my state.

I make adjustments throughout the year to help us get through those summer months where the wife does not get paid. I have yet to hear anything from the trustee on this.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

If your attorney told you to change your withholding, you should be fine.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X