top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 13, just confirmed and bar date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13, just confirmed and bar date?

Juxst noticed on 13datacenter my plan was confirmed. 60 months. 100%. Bar date is 9-03-2013, is it safe to say no more claims will trickle in at this point. Holiday is the day before bar date?

Creditor's very well may file on Tuesday. In fact, they could file after that in which case you should object to the late filed claim if the trustee doesn't.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Wow!, Thanks 4 the info lady in red! Got my fingers cross and a lil prayer that no one files!

Comment

Please take LITR's advice seriously. There are provisions in BK law that allow trustees to pay late-filed claims unless a "party of interest" objects.
        If you are paying less than 100 percent to unsecured creditors, then it does not matter if the trustee allows payment to a later-filing creditor. All it means is that all the other creditors will get less. Your plan payment remains the same regardless of the timeliness of creditor claims.

EDIT: I just went to my own (former!) trustee's website. His policy is to pay all claims provided for in the Chapter 13 confirmed plan, regardless of whether a creditor has filed a proof of claim. He notifies the debtor's attorney (or the debtor if pro se, or both) that action must be taken to prevent payment of the claim in the absence of proof.
        Last edited by kornellred; 09-04-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Since you are paying 100% any extra money that you can pay in will get your plan done faster too. Does your trustee get your tax refunds?

Comment

Awesome!
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X