This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney passed away and now Pro Se

Also posted in the Pro Se forum, but not getting any takers.

So long story short... Almost 4 years in on a $85k 100% Chapter 13 plan. Original attorney passed away earlier this year and my case was converted to Pro Se as I did not retain another attorney. My wife and I have made all payments on time and added extra each month when we could to pay out as early as possible. I'm receiving a fairly large bonus in Jan which I plan to use to pay off the balance of the plan. I called the attorney that was sent my case file and he said that there is no reason to retain another attorney as the end process is 'easy'. He is saying that once I complete the plan payments, I will be receiving a Motion to Discharge form which will just need to be signed and filed with the BK court. (He also mentioned to get our 2nd credit counseling completed and filed prior to this.)

This just seems too easy and hoping someone here has completed a Chapter 13 Pro Se and would be able to give some insight on the finalization process. We've worked really hard over the past few years getting to the end game and don't want to screw it up at the finish line.
    Chapter 13 - 100% Payback - Filed 2/2010 - Discharged 4/2014

drew999999. Please do not post the same question twice. It causes confusion. Sometimes you just need to be patient. I am closing this thread and will post a response in the other one.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X