Increase in pay but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase in pay but....

There is a possibilit that I could get a bump in pay for promotion around 10%. I would tell mt atty. But here is the kicker; I would not be bringing home that much more because my medical would then come out of my pocket (7% out of pocket) so actually I might see increase in pay of only 3%.

How do you think that would be handled?

Here is a thought. If they wanted to increase my payment do you think it would be a good time to try to get a newer car? My car is 8 and starting to fall apart. But doesn't your car have to be dead in order to try to get a new one?

I have 4 more years.

I know there are lots of questions in this post. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by dmc-2008; 02-02-2014, 10:58 PM. Reason: Add info
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

I would not worry about a 10% bump in pay. I would certainly inform my Chapter 13 attorney, but it is very unlikely that you will need to modify our confirmed plan.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Most all plans allow for a 10% increase in income w/o affecting your plan payments. Our last year's income went up 14% and nothing was done. Just keep making your scheduled payments.

As far as the car, you will have to get trustee approval through your attorney to purchase a vehicle that will be financed. Acquiring any new debt needs attorney involvement.
      Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Thank you so much! I will keep car until the wheels fall off! :-) will let you know if anything happens, could be months though.
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X