What does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean?

We are in month 41 of a 60 month plan. I logged into 13network and under Case Status it says CASE BEING AUDITED. My wife talked to our attorney a month ago and he said we may finish early and to call him in a few months. We were not in a %100 payback plan, but not all creditors filed claims and we also had a huge tax refund we turned over to the trustee the first year. 13network shows:
    Total Amount Claimed: $125,463.07
    Total Amount Scheduled: $167,683.08
    Total Principal Paid: $79,607.53
    Total Principal Owed: $3135.72
    Total Principal Due: $1859.59
    Total Interest Paid: $0.00
    Total Interest Due: $0.00

Balance on hand is $2079.00 and that is also the amount we pay each month (through ACH).

Hi RM.

I am not a CH13 person, but I can tell you that every so often, the UST--the boss of your panel trustee--picks cases at random, whether CH13 or CH7, to audit or monitor more closely than is usual.

It looks like you got the unlucky draw of the straw.

You may be asked for more documenting paperwork supporting your claims, or you may not. As long as everything that you have submitted is true and correct, and you are not behind on payments, etc., you should be okay.

Please keep us posted.

ETA: I know the above probably doesn't ease your mind, but I hope it will a bit.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 04-05-2014, 12:52 PM.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

We are not behind on payments and have been truthful with our documentation and statements. I was hoping it meant that they had initiated the final audit since the attorney indicated we may finish early. If principal owed indicates the balance we have left, then we have less than one payment left.

MTA: Now I am a little worried. I sent an email to my attorney. He is usually pretty responsive, even on the weekends. I may hear from him in the next day or so.

Comment

You should be okay. That is what you are paying your attorney for--to do your worrying for you!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Please update when you can. It looks like you are sooooo close, but until your attorney responds we won't know for sure. I would like to know how to decipher the 13Network too.
          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by RunningMan View Post
            We are not behind on payments and have been truthful with our documentation and statements. I was hoping it meant that they had initiated the final audit since the attorney indicated we may finish early. If principal owed indicates the balance we have left, then we have less than one payment left.
            I think it could be the final audit. Based on the following 2 sites, cases are usually selected for random audits within 10 days of filing the petition.

Learn how to complete the forms you'll need to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

The U.S. Trustee selects a number of bankruptcy cases to audit each year.

Even if this is an audit of your petition instead of the trustee's final audit, there is nothing to worry about as long as you accurately reported your income, expenses and assets. It'll be a hassle, but you will be fine.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks LITR. I hope you are right. My attorney hasn't gotten back to me yet, but it is the weekend.

Comment

Hi. Like someone previously mentioned. They are picked at random and you got the unlucky stick of the draw. However, I have not heard of an audit being done halfway through someone's case. In our district, it's usually at the beginning of the BK.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X