top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does the bank release car title that was in a 13 plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does the bank release car title that was in a 13 plan?

Our case was discharged on August 8 and it is 66 days past and the case is still not closed (check PACER daily). We are waiting on the title to the car that was crammed down in the plan so we can sell it. We already purchased a new vehicle and could not trade this one in because the bank is still holding the title. When should the bank release the title?
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

IIRC, I waited around 2 months after discharge to inquire about titles. I had the paperwork, showing discharge date, but don't recall when PACER showed case closed. With paperwork in hand I made a couple of phone calls to the lender to get the titles released. One of them hadn't been notified. Had them within a couple of weeks.
    Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Your best course of action may be to contact the creditor directly and inform the creditor of the entry of discharge. This may speed things up.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If you do contact your creditor make sure they put you through to the BK department. I called and talked to a random CS agent trying to get my title and was actually told I had a balance of over $600. I nearly freaked out. I called my attorney and they said not to worry, they got through to the right people and I got my title.

Comment

I am in a 60 month plan, I got my title at about the 38 month mark I was shocked. Maybe I was just lucky. Called my attorney to make sure it wasn't a mistake and she said that no,it was paid, so the title was released. The loan was a cram down and it was with Capital One.
          Filed 9/14/09
          Confirmed 12/11/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X