2nd lien closed out prior to close of BK13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd lien closed out prior to close of BK13

My 2nd was unsecured and with Chase Bank. Originally the charged off the loan prior to BK and they didn't even file a claim. My attorney listed them as a Debtor but with ZERO balance.

Today I received a letter from them that they are removing the 2nd lien from title and I don't have to do anything. They'll complete it within the next 30 days. I have 7 payments left. This sounds almost too good to be true.

Is this legit ? Would this allow me to sell my home prior to closing the CH13 BK ?

Many non performing 2nds have been forgiven and liens removed over the last couple years now. I would give them a couple of weeks and go to your county clerk to check for any titles or actions to confirm it was completed.

Congrats. I'm jelly.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

My 2nd mortgage was forgiven after my Chapter 7 discharge. It was unexpected but truly appreciated. (I had successfully stripped the 2nd in my Chapter 13, but I converted to a Chapter 7 which revived the lien. The lender, Bank of America, sent me a satisfaction of Mortgage about 2 years ago.)
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Can I sell my home even though I have a few months left in CH13 ?

Comment

You can, but it comes with a caveat. You may not sell your home without prior Court and Trustee approval while in an active Chapter 13.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well, that is no fun !

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X