Hypothetical Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetical Question??

Was just looking at NDC13. We have paid 38 months into our 13, 22 to go...
    On NdC it shows 0% to unsecureds and a base plan of $0.
    First off, what does base plane mean?
    And second, just running the numbers and rough calc of that interest is left on my car and the trustee fee, it looks like we may be done 2 months arly. Ours was taxes and secureds.
    There are lots of unsecureds listed, but if there is $2400 left will the trustee divvy that up between the unsecureds?

Your base plan is your monthly plan payment times the number of payments in your plan.

NDC is not always an accurate representation of your plan. NDC shows that all of my creditors will get paid 100% when they will really get paid less than 1%. It sounds like your trustee doesn't even use those two fields of the NDC software.

If your plan is 60 months because your income is above median, then your plan should not end early unless you pay 100% of allowed unsecured claims. Anything above what is required to pay your priority debt (taxes for example), secured debt included in your plan and trustee fees will be divided among unsecured creditors.

If you were under median and your plan was 60 months to give you a plan payment you could handle, then because you have passed the 36 month mark, your plan should end as soon as soon as priority debt, secured debt included in the plan and trustee fees are paid. Anything left should be refunded to you.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I hope those darn credit cards enjoy the approximately $100 each they will recieve!!!!!!

Comment

LOL. It is probably is a nuisance for them to process.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X