Need advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice please

I was looking at making a purchase as a store which you pay a set fee monthly but it doesn't reflect on your credit. I think I should wait until after the discharge but the wife thinks it is shouldn't matter as it's not on credit....thoughts on this?

If you receive goods in exchange for a promise to pay, that is debt. It must be listed on your petition and it will be discharged unless the creditor moves to have it declared non-dischargeable. Whether they report it on your credit report is irrelevant.

If you are bankrupt, you should start developing good habits now so that you don't find yourself in this situation again. Save the money and buy the item when you can afford it.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

That's the exact thing I said. If she wants it she can put it in her name. My goal is to get behind this BK and start establishing myself and getting better credit

Comment

Hi, bottom line is you are trying to get out of debt and make a fresh start NOT incur new debt. You both need to be on the same page with this bankruptcy and your financial goals in life. Bankruptcy is no joke and you should take the opportunity to learn as much as you can from it going forward. Save your money and make the purchase in cash.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X