top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I keep paying loan during 722 Redemption negotiation/litigation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I keep paying loan during 722 Redemption negotiation/litigation?

I am in negotiations on a 722 Redemption for my current vehicle. The bank is playing hardball. I am not sure what is going to end up happening. I'm almost at my discharge date. This may be going into litigation. I have been paying the original creditor thus far. Do I continue to pay? Or does that defeat the purpose of redemption? I don't want to lose the vehicle. They're already listed the account as closed, derogatory, Included in bankruptcy on my credit report. If the redemption falls through and the deadline is blown for a reaffirmation, will Wells Fargo allow a keep and pay deal? Is there anyone here who has experience with 722 Redemptions? I have a few other questions. Thank you!

I have not had experience with a 722 redemption. I was not aware that someone in CH7 could do this. Could be a new tweak to the system. We were discharged in 2008. However, if you can find past history on this site, you will find that almost everyone recommends against reaffirming car loans or mortgages. Despritfreya has an article on this subject. The consensus is that if you keep making the full payment and on time, you won't be hassled.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

You do not pay during the negotiation because it upsets the balance and the valuation. Just make sure they don't report you late, which they shouldn't.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X