Reopening a discharged Bankruptcy case and buying a house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reopening a discharged Bankruptcy case and buying a house

Hey, i read online that in some cases you can reopen a discharged bankruptcy case and it would be up to the trustee depending on the reasoning. If that is actually the case what is the time frame as my case has been discharged for about 2 years and second would I have to wait another 2 years before i can apply for a mortgage FHA and etc. Guidelines state you have to wait 2 years post bankruptcy to apply for a mortgage I dont want to wait another 2 years if the case is reopened.

The FHA period is based on your discharge date. If you received a discharge, reopening the case won't change the discharge date unless the discharge is revoked.

Why do you want to reopen your case?
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 05-05-2016, 01:29 PM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I just reread your post. Are you worried the trustee is going to reopen your case? Unless the trustee finds out you hid assets or committed some other kind of fraud, that isn't going to happen.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X