Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collections

I am planning to file in November, however my attorney wants any copies of collection letters, I only have 1 collection letter for 1 creditor. I owe wells fargo on a line of credit and capital one on 2 cards that I had. I know for a fact that Wells Fargo was with Wells Fargo Collections, I know for a fact that Capital One got sent to a different debt collector, the collections do net show up on my credit report however and I threw away the collection letters I received months back, so what would happen in this case, just list the original creditors?

Exactly. Your attorney just wants to make sure everyone is notified. What typically happens is that the original creditor and the collection agency are both listed on the Schedules. The original creditor typically for the original amount with the collection agency having a description of "for notification only" and may be marked contingent, disputed, or unliquidated with a balance of $1 or "unknown". That way, the collection agency can't say that the original creditor "never notified them". Just makes it cleaner.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X