Bank and Credit Card Statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank and Credit Card Statements

Do you have to submit statements and if so how far back ? My lawyer asked if I made any major charges in the last 60 days . I haven't made a major purchase but the charges total over $500 in the last 60 days and $900 over the last 90 days . Will this be a problem ? I've read that you should wait a couple of months to file but I am anxious to get the ball rolling and get this behind me .

The Trustee usually doesn't ask for any credit card or other installment account statements. They will ask for bank statements and that could be for 90-180 days prior to filing. They're looking for money being moved around or hidden.

Your attorney is asking about major purchases because there is a "presumption" that anything that you did within 90 days of filing may be non-dischargeable. The code assumes that you are insolvent during that 90 day period and certain things you may have purchased within those 90-days may be non-dischargeable. I write "may be" because the code specifically addresses "luxury" purchases and certain cash advances within 60-75 days of filing.

Your attorney will let you know how long to wait if you do have those types of purchases on account (on credit).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X