top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creditors being removed before discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors being removed before discharge?

I got a notice from Credit Karma today (I know they aren't "official" or anything, but they've been accurate for me) of a change on my report. When I checked it showed that two of my accounts in collections have been removed. I didn't know there could/would be those types of changes before our BK7 is discharged. Is it pretty common?

I don't know how common it is, but I have heard of creditors completely removing themselves from credit reports after the filing of BK. They are probably making sure they can't be accused of violating the automatic stay.

The credit reports on Credit Karma are your actual credit reports and the scores they provide are your actual "Vantage 3.0 Scores". They are reliable. The issue is that the Vantage Scores are not what most lenders use when deciding whether to approve you for credit. Look for my recent thread under "Mortgages after Bankruptcy" for a link to information on what scores lenders use.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

A bunch of creditors 'removed themselves' from my credit report between the time I filed and my discharge. Actually, most of them did, only one or two are still on there.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X