Broke AF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke AF.

How the heck am I supposed to pay a retaining fee when I’m broke enough to need to go bankrupt? Even not paying any creditors, I’m still broke. FML!

For Chapter 13s, some people will use income tax refund or stop paying creditors. By stopping the payment to creditors, including mortgages and cars, many people were able to afford the retainer. For Chapter 13s, most attorneys will require only a moderate amount up front and put the rest in the plan. Now this is a total guess... of an average $3,500 Chapter 13 the up front could be $1,000 to $2,000. (Chapter 13s can be $2,500-$5,000+ and I wouldn't expect yours to be on the high end.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Our attorney only required us to pay the filing fee. Their fee was entirely rolled into the plan.

Comment

This is the retainer fee. I’m hoping for chapter 7. My income is above median, but I pay a lot of out of pocket medical expenses.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X